Brewer Fanatic

8/5/08 Non-Brewers IGT

bucksman4
Alright, let's hope to the Dodgers get some runs here. The media down in St. Louis keep pushing putting Waintright in at closer when he comes off the DL. It's intriguing, but I'm not sure I agree. He's such a good pitcher, it would be hard to just pitch his - what? - 30 innings the rest of the way. Of course their bullpen is a MESS right now. I expect my Card fan co-workers to be pretty inconsolable after this one.

Alright, let's hope to the Dodgers get some runs here. The media down in St. Louis keep pushing putting Waintright in at closer when he comes off the DL. It's intriguing, but I'm not sure I agree. He's such a good pitcher, it would be hard to just pitch his - what? - 30 innings the rest of the way. Of course their bullpen is a MESS right now. I expect my Card fan co-workers to be pretty inconsolable after this one.

I would imagine he will be just fine if the Cardinals find a way to win this game...c'mon Dodgers

I noticed the same thing brwrsfan, I'm guessing LAD was out of pinch hitters. Maybe Torre pulled a LaRusse and used 13 position players in 11 innings.

Swisher just hit a walk-off bomb in the bottom of the 14th to beat Detroit.

Archived