Brewer Fanatic

8/5/08 Brewers (Bush) at Reds (Volquez): 6:10 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, it has been a long time since I've felt this good about a win. Friday's win seemed artificial because Atlanta was so out of it. Saturday was a CC/Prince show, but tonight was really a team win. Homer kept us quiet last time, but I am feeling good.
Formerly Andersoc420

I was only able to catch a few innings on Gameday tonight, but I'm glad I did. Looks like they finally started to manufacture some runs and Prince took his aggression out on the other team instead of his starting pitcher. Also nice to see Bush pitching well on the road. Remember this game, Crew, and replicate it over and over and over................

It was nice to see Bush get that low strike called after the first inning. It was kind of ridiculous to see Bush not get those calls in the bottom of the first, then Volquez striking out Cameron and Kendall on pitches that looked pretty low, but at least the ump started to call things pretty evenly after that.

I loved Prince's HR -- when Masset pitched him up and in the second time in a row, it reminded me of the Pittsburgh situation and I said something like "Ask Matt Capps how this turns out..." -- sure enough, Prince crushes the next pitch. I know Brian and Bill didn't like the showmanship, but I caught the highlights of this game on BBTN afterwards, and John Kruk and Eric Young seemed to agree that whenever the pitcher tries to hit you above the shoulders, you deserve to admire your shot for a little bit.

Hopefully they keep this up tomorrow -- too bad we won't get to see another Sabathibomb off Bailey, though.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Th team looked relaxed tonight. I don't know what that means but they took "good AB's" and looked content the whole time. It felt fresh and clean. Likely my own delusional feelings. they look like they know they're in this TOGETHER. Lets see how my attitude is tomorrow, lulz.

Archived