Brewer Fanatic

8/5/08 Brewers (Bush) at Reds (Volquez): 6:10 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for Bush to shove JJ in the dugout for ruining his shutout, while Prince does his Dave Pirner imitation in the backround.

Hardy 2 in a row - good to see. I was hoping Corey would hit for the cycle to replace Big Bad Chad in the books.

nice to see after last night and Sunday's brilliant display of clutch hitting. Hope it carries over to tomorrow and then the weekend (if not longer).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Not sure if they showed this on the Milwaukee broadcast, but the Cinci broadcast showed Parra being one of the first guys in the dugout to congratulate Prince with a fist bump when he came in after hitting the dinger. Prince then gave Parra a nice little double slap on the cheek, like a grandpa would to a grandson or something like that. It seems like all is well between the two.

Not sure if they showed this on the Milwaukee broadcast, but the Cinci broadcast showed Parra being one of the first guys in the dugout to congratulate Prince with a fist bump when he came in after hitting the dinger. Prince then gave Parra a nice little double slap on the cheek, like a grandpa would to a grandson or something like that. It seems like all is well between the two.

Awesome, let's hope this is a turning point (for the better) on the season.

Didn't show it on FSNWI, but that's good news.

Wow - Prince is really showing leadership right now - while Yost was walking up to Bush on the mound, you could read Prince's lips (talking to Yost) while he was nodding yes: "One more, one more." Yost looked like he was looking at Prince just as much as Bush during the visit to the mound, it almost seemed like Prince was the one leading in that visit.

Awesome.

edit: And Bush gets out of it. Double awesome.

so, show of hands, does Weeks get to that one and, assuming he does, does he bobble it?

It's like it's 2006 Rickie Weeks all over again. I'm always holding my breath every time a ball is hit there. Unfortunately, I tend to do the same when the ball is hit anywhere on our infield except shortstop. Even comebackers to the mound has me worried a little bit.

To answer my own question, yes, Weeks probably would get to it that one and not bobble it as it wasn't hit terribly hard or have any weirdo bounces.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I hate to say this because I don't normally think of a quality start as a good stat (how is 6 IP 3 ER a quality start and 8 IP 4 ER not?) but anyways, Bush is averaging 6.3 innings per start and has a 4.50 ERA. Pretty much a quality start (actually a little better since he's going more than 6 innings on average) on average for Bush.

Community Moderator

I'm not sure what changed tonight.

Maybe the dugout "fight" had something to do with it. It could have easily gotten their minds off how bad they have been hitting and just allowed them to go up there and be relaxed.

Maybe Volquez helped by giving them lots of pitches to hit, when the main strategy these days has been to throw us lots of bad pitches.

Maybe it was just Corey Hart getting a big hit in the 1st inning and making everyone more relaxed.

I'm guessing a combination of all 3.

Well, Javier Valentin can't hit an 8 run HR here, so I think we're safe. lol

Nice effort tonight by Bush and the offense.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Prince was a hero tonight. He made everyone hit with RISP because he cares so much. He has the fire and the passion. Anyway...Nice game by all the guys. Bush seems to like being a regular pitcher again. He should because that platoon stuff was weird

well, this was a good win. Bush has been so Jekyl and Hyde all season so I wasn't sure what I was going to see from him today. He had the first inning "issues" but got out of it and rode the "momentum" (for lack of a better word) to a tremendous start.

Very nice to see the offense produce against Volquez. I really though this was going to be a swing-and-a-miss festival tonight. Glad to see I was wrong. I hope we take it and carry it into tomorrow against 7.00+ ERA Homer Bailey.

thablingster: I said pretty much the exact thing to my wife in the 9th. SOOOOOO nice to face Valentin in the ninth with nobody on and down 7 runs in his usual pinch-hitting role against the Brewers.

- - - - - - - - -

Archived