Brewer Fanatic

8/5/08 Brewers (Bush) at Reds (Volquez): 6:10 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crewcrazy...that's the same appeasing mentality that ultimately ruins teams and eventually leads to players making themselves bigger than the team. Don't you think the Carolina Panthers think that they're "hurting" themselves by sitting Steve Smith for the first two games of the regular season? Yes. And individual games mean more in football than baseball. The point was they were going to enact some discipline and show the rest of the team that behavior like that is unacceptable. Exactly the opposite mentality of your Milwaukee Brewers and Ned Yost.

Hopefully Nedifer told Prince to behave and gave him 30 seconds of time out. But I don't want to know about it, I just want to speculate on the lectures they received in the clubhouse. These neighbors are starting to piss me off. Any more nonsense and I may call the cops on them.

BTW, great lineup tonight Ned. Brewers -4, Reds 16

that's the same appeasing mentality that ultimately ruins teams and eventually leads to players making themselves bigger than the team.

Says who? I don't think Prince is now going to go around slapping teammates around every time something doesn't go his way. It was an isolated incident and I trust that Yost informed Prince that it shall remain as such after the game.

Mike Rivera must have the easiest job in MLB.

You must have never had the pleasure of listening to Bill pine about how hugely difficult it is to stay sharp when you get 2-3 starts per month

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Stevo wrote:

Mike Rivera must have the easiest job in MLB.

Hey guys, Mike Rivera here.

Thanks for all your support. You may have wondered how I could be posting in IGTs and still be playing catcher for the Crew... but hey, who am I kidding? Love posting here during the game!

My job is not easy thank you very much. Sometimes the corner store runs out of Juicy Fruit and I have to go all the way to the grocery to pick up a case for the team. Those days are really rough. Don't even get me started about sweeping up the sunflower seeds from the dugout.

Oop, gotta go... I need to carry around a box of baseballs around the clubhouse to get autographs. Check-in in a bit!

-MR

Don't you think the Carolina Panthers think that they're "hurting" themselves by sitting Steve Smith for the first two games of the regular season? Yes. And individual games mean more in football than baseball. The point was they were going to enact some discipline and show the rest of the team that behavior like that is unacceptable. Exactly the opposite mentality of your Milwaukee Brewers and Ned Yost.

Steve Smith broke a teammate's nose and put him out of action. If Prince Fielder injured Manny Parra, you could bet that he'd be getting more than a tongue-lashing from Yost and his teammates. Judging by the way the entire roster rushed in to pull Prince away, it looked like everyone already knows that this kind of behavior isn't acceptable. I personally think it's unfair to label the organization as "appeasing" especially after they dumped Estrada for peanuts for the headaches he caused them last year, but that's a topic that I'll leave for the thread about this incident, instead of the game thread.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

How do we know that Ned didn't tear into Prince and the other players behind closed doors last night?

I don't know why some people so easily dismisses the possibility that Yost says one thing to the public and another to his players in private. Considering how protective Yost is, I find it not only possible but likely.

Archived