Brewer Fanatic

07/05/06 Reds (Ramirez) @ Brewers (Villanueva) 7:05pm CST

JoeH33

Cincinnati Reds

Elizardo Ramirez - (3-6, 4.11)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/lizard.jpg

Ramirez' Splits vs. Milwaukee

Ramirez got roughed up early in his last outing on Friday against the Indians. He allowed five runs on six hits in the first inning alone, digging himself into an early hole. He was taken off the hook, however, as the Reds would come back to win in the ninth, 9-8. Ramirez has pitched well in two starts against the Brewers this season, going 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA and 13 strikeouts. (MLB.com)

@

Milwaukee Brewers

Carlos Villanueva - (0-1, 4.50)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/charlieV.jpg

Villanueva's Splits vs. Cincinnati

Villanueva ran into problems against Minnesota in his last start, allowing six earned runs in five innings. The rookie right-hander surrendered three home runs and four more extra-base hits as he struggled to keep the ball down in the zone. Despite making the third start of his career, this will be Villanueva's second outing against Cincinnati. On June 14 against the Reds, he threw six shutout innings and allowed only four hits. (MLB.com)

Starting Lineups

Cincinnati Milwaukee ---------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Freel, Ryan 5 14 .297 2B Weeks, Rickie 7 26 .273 SS Lopez, Felipe 9 30 .270 SS Hall, Bill 17 40 .273 CF Griffey, Ken 18 50 .258 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 48 .260 LF Dunn, Adam 26 54 .234 LF Lee, Carlos 25 69 .286 3B Aurilia, Rich 10 32 .263 1B Fielder, Prince 16 45 .276 1B Hatteberg, Scott 7 24 .297 3B Koskie, Corey 12 33 .265 RF Kearns, Austin 16 49 .274 C Miller, Damian 5 28 .275 C LaRue, Jason 4 11 .178 CF Gross, Gabe 7 22 .266 P Ramirez, Elizardo (3-6, 4.11) P Villanueva, Carlos (0-1, 4.50) 

General Information

TV - No TV

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com GameDay, ESPN.com GameCast

Misc. - Vote For Cappy!

Game Information

MLB.com Preview

Cincinnati Reds Fan Site

Cincinnati Reds Official Site

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
You wrote that this game is on FSN North. Are you sure? I thought that this entire series wasn't televised?

My bad, when I make IGT's I just use a grid and fill in the info. I just forgot change that to no tv.

We're due to board the train west in a few hours, so my only chance to wish the Brewers well is now. Go team! Don't make me wince when I check the papers or the radio, or (eventually) this website again.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So tonights game should be a "Watch the Crew play the Reds while voting for Cappy" night. As you all watch the game, sit by a computer and vote for Cappy. Have a Cappy Voting party in the chat room here at BF.net. If we have 25 people chatting and doing at least 200 votes each thats a nice chunk. Also, if we got a good majority of the people who read/post at this site to sit and watch the game and vote we'd make up some ground on Nomar.BF.net voting party tonight...I'll make it an all night affair for anyone who wants to join...

Am I the only person who doesn't really care if any Brewers get into the All Star game? It's a distraction, I don't even watch the game. I would rather they were focusing on the second half, but that's just me.

Quote:
Am I the only person who doesn't really care if any Brewers get into the All Star game? It's a distraction, I don't even watch the game. I would rather they were focusing on the second half, but that's just me.

Give the Brewers more exposure and possibilty of gaining fans (which in turn raises ticket sales)and makes the team more attractive to FA's. That's why I like it. But I can understand why some people don't. I just get into it.

I'm with you Mikevan. Since the game isn't on TV, I'll have the radio on to Ueck and Powell next to me while simultaneously voting for Cappy. Work today is going by a lot faster today because voting for Cappy requires time and concentration.

Whoa, judging by the run tallies, Pittsburgh not only shouldn't be 13 games back from us, they should actually have a better record than us.

an interesting project for someone during the game (I'll be there) might be to figure out the run differentials when you eliminate Brewers-Pirates games. Off the top of my head, I would think the Pirates and Brewers ratios are heavily skewed because of those series

MIL/PIT run differential: 23-45

Original: 396-459

Adjusted: 373-414

A little difference, but doesn't right the ship singlehandedly.

You would also have to adjust the Pittsburgh side:

Original: 398-443

Adjusted: 353-420

So now if you compare the two:

Mil: 373-414

Pitt: 353-420

The differential does swing into Milwaukee's favor, although not by much.

Cincinnati Milwaukee ---------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Freel, Ryan 5 14 .297 2B Weeks, Rickie 7 26 .273 SS Lopez, Felipe 9 30 .270 SS Hall, Bill 17 40 .273 CF Griffey, Ken 18 50 .258 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 48 .260 LF Dunn, Adam 26 54 .234 LF Lee, Carlos 25 69 .286 3B Aurilia, Rich 10 32 .263 1B Fielder, Prince 16 45 .276 1B Hatteberg, Scott 7 24 .297 3B Koskie, Corey 12 33 .265 RF Kearns, Austin 16 49 .274 C Miller, Damian 5 28 .275 C LaRue, Jason 4 11 .178 CF Gross, Gabe 7 22 .266 P Ramirez, Elizardo (3-6, 4.11) P Villanueva, Carlos (0-1, 4.50) 

Archived