Brewer Fanatic

The Dugout Fight (video on Brewers.com)

TooLiveBrew
Wow I just saw the replay on ESPN. JJ Hardy has some gonads for his reaction towards Prince. This is unacceptable and should have been hashed out differently. Prince has obviously not had the season he has wanted and frustrations happened. Parra looked shocked.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he mistook Manny for a Chorizo? (Read the Onion if you don't get it)

Seriously though, it's a lame thing to do but whatever. There was a time when men where men and when a small altercation like this happened between men, other men didn't comment on brutal and fragile people are, etc. You get a group of men together for a long stretch of time and these things happen. The team is frustrated right now. These guys are friends and thats why they're able to act like this and it "isn't a big deal".

Get over it and stop acting like men being men is a big deal. He did a stupid thing and has apologized. They'll move on.

I think everyone is passionate about their opinions now. Mine different from most others.

I just think that Prince should be right back in lineup tomorrow. Why make more of a spectacle (check Ted Thompson et al) than it needs to be? He is also one of two hitters doing anything right now. "If" Parra was getting on Prince for his defense, heck, Prince had every right to get on Parra for again having a "blowup" inning. Should he have pushed him? No.

Prince isn't going anywhere. Manny probably said something snotty and prince COMPLETELY over reacted. Prince will apologize and maybe sit for a game or two. This will all blow over, like 99% of the things that people assume will spiral out of control.

Thank you, RLUZ. Agreed, although I would not sit Prince.

Manny took it like a Man (get it). He didn't overreact, he didn't stomp off crying, he didn't throw a temper tantrum. Good for him -- he looked literally shocked though.

Most everyone who has been "in the game" seems to agree that these things happen and it isn't a huge deal. It could turn out to be a positive, or if real chemistry problems exist, it just exposed those.

I also like JJ letting Prince know it wasn't acceptable....

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I agree with shadowuwm in that Manny was pissed that Prince couldn't get to that ball in the 5th. The bottom line is Prince is overweight and can't move his feet and his defense is hurting the Brewers. How management allows him to be so overweight is beyond me. He has the worst range of any 1B in the league.

Get over it and stop acting like men being men is a big deal.

This is condescention that is unnecessary. There was a time when beating your wife was par for the course.

I'm just sayin'...when macho egotistical athletes (men) get together for long stretches and get frustrated, they sometimes fight. This is how its always been and always will be. It isn't a big deal. Who hasn't been on a team and gotten into it with someone?

I don't think comparing this to beating your wife is relevant or respectful to the millions of women who have suffered from these kinds of abuses.

I think the way JJ reacted may have been the best thing about this. I have a new respect for him. The way he got in Prince's face and was so passionate about how he felt that it was so wrong of Prince to do that was just awesome. Maybe he can be a leader on this team.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Who hasn't been on a team and gotten into it with someone?

Me. I never decided that my own personal rage was worth risking a serious injury to a teammate. But I'm probably not enough of a man for you. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't think comparing this to beating your wife is relevant or respectful to the millions of women who have suffered from these kinds of abuses.

I didn't compare the two. I compared your attitude that some aren't just 'man enough' to understand why violence is ok or cool.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This plus Prince's reapeted shouting of "horse----" at the ump before getting ejected last week doesn't make him seem a very happy man at the moment..

add that to the constant slamming and shattering of his bat...not a happy man

Prince needs to be sat for a game or two. Completely uncalled for. If he wanted to fight Manny then maybe he should of done it like a man instead blindsiding Manny into a wall and jumping on top of him. I really doubt he does that with McClung or CC. He's just a fat baby and his dad was right. I was already thinking it would be a good move to trade Prince in the offseason and now this is just icing on that cake. Get something while his value is high.

Who hasn't been on a team and gotten into it with someone?

I have been on a lot of teams since I was about 5 years old. When I was about 9 I got into it with a teamate during a practice playing hockey. Since then I have grown up and not got into it with a teamate...and I have been on a lot of teams. We don't need to make excuses for Prince. My coach when I was 9 years old didn't, and I do not think a major league baseball player should be held to lower standards than a 9 year old.

If this was a face-to-face situation, I'd be a bit more sympathetic to the "boys being boys" position. Prince ambushed a guy, plain and simple, which takes him from just being wrong to being dead wrong. Whether affixing blame in this situation means one darned thing in terms of how it is handled is another question.

I think the way JJ reacted may have been the best thing about this. I have a new respect for him. The way he got in Prince's face and was so passionate about how he felt that it was so wrong of Prince to do that was just awesome. Maybe he can be a leader on this team.

JJ needs to be in this team's long term future. I am fully convinced he's worth signing.

As for the actual point of this thread, I definitely think Prince needs to take a seat for a while. If he's not on the bench for at least one game I'll lose (even more) respect for Yost.

i think it's a big deal becuase of the violent nature of the incident. He shoved him while manny was totally off guard. I understand that tempers are going to flare throughout the season, but the way he attacked was flat out scary. Its not ok just because Manny wasn't hurt. Prince has serious anger issues.

Get over it and stop acting like men being men is a big deal.

Grown men do not push each when they are in disagreement.

It's a big deal, whenever Manny Parra gets shoved into a wall, Milton Bradley blew out his knee in a similar situation. If they want to yell at each other, fine, whatever. Unless you are Olivia Newton John, getting physical is not cool.

Yost's comments are moronic as well, if I heard a fight at the neighbor's I'd certainly see what is going on.

Notice how quick Ned was to point out that Parra has had a pattern of "losing it"(talking about his pitching, not his attitude) after doing well. I wouldnt be suprised to see Parra sent to the bullpen, with McClung in the rotation. Of course it would be to "limit his innings" and to give him a break after losing his last three starts. Michael Barrett got traded to appease Zambrano. Sometimes its not just "no big deal".

Archived