Brewer Fanatic

The Dugout Fight (video on Brewers.com)

TooLiveBrew
Prince needs to be put in his place. Zero excuses for that. Nothing Parra could have said would justify that reaction. Trade him to Pittsburgh or something. It's been obvious he doesn't want to be here anyway.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing it had something to do with Prince not getting to the ground ball that Votto hit with 2 out in the 5th. I'm not saying it was a routine play, but Manny looked awful peeved after that play. Maybe he brought it up to someone and Prince overheard it and took exception.

I'm also very sick of Prince, especially in the field.

Yes, although not an easy play. That is a ball that I would think many 1B can make or at least knock down. Fielder's D is awful, but we have always known that. He is bound for a trade to an AL team at some point.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I remember Bob Uecker commenting that stuff like this in the clubhouse is much more common than one would think and that those altercations frequently go unreported.

This happened in public, of course, but when it comes right down to it, I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'd be more cool with this if Prince got all up in Manny's face and was screaming at him a la an Ozzie Guillen rant.... but pushing/attacking him tooooooooootttttttally crosses the line. And the more I see the replay (thanks ESPN for showing it 4 straight times) I don't see Manny's mouth move once he starts walking down the dugout making me wonder if Prince was pissed Manny didn't answer his 'question/comment' to him.

I turned off the game after the Arroyo rbi double. I have little patience with this team at the moment.

I dunno what to say. I like Prince, but he clearly still has some growing up to do. I'll wait to see the video and some brewers to comment before i pass judgment.

Either way i sense this team is on the verge of total collapse/swoon.

If Yost thinks he needs to sit, he should sit. But it might be that if Prince sits he starts to mope or grouse and that makes things worse. Say what you want about the management, but they are closer to these guys than we are and they need to judge the situation from their perspective. My detached perspective says he should take a day off (don't call it a suspension), but my vote doesn't and shouldn't count.

Prince isn't going anywhere. Manny probably said something snotty and prince COMPLETELY over reacted. Prince will apologize and maybe sit for a game or two. This will all blow over, like 99% of the things that people assume will spiral out of control.

The part that bothers me is how seriously Manny's pitching well-being was put into jeopardy in a selfish & irresponsible show of violence. That shove to the bench was out of nowhere as far as Manny looked to know, and it just as easily could have ended with an ankle or leg injury to boot.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

anyone have a video link for this bad boy? I watched most of the game, but missed this particular gem. Thanks

edit: nevermind. just saw it on BTN

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

on the other hand, maybe the team can build a little "fight" inside of each other for the rest of the season and this could be a "good" thing that sparks everyone. That said, it's not usually something that I would condone personally.

I don't think fighting amongst teammates is the right way to build "fight" inside or a good" thing. I think the leader has failed in his job of leading his team. According to Simba, there is only one leader in the team and that is the manager.

Everyone calm down.

Calling for Prince to be off the team. Fights happen all the time between teams.

If it was that big of a deal Yost would of benched him right there. Yeah he probably overreacted but I think bf.net is going overboard IMO.

It's a big deal because all that had to have happened was for some guy to have spilled a cup of Gatorade there and we'd have 40% of the rotation out with ACLs. I don't care that there was no ultimate physical consequence to the incident. It was completely reckless. Not surprised (or even disagreeing) with the position Yost is taking, other than his attacking the press for asking.

This kind of stuff happens. The root cause is being forced to be around the same 30-40 guys pretty much every day for nine months. I don't think this is a huge deal, no one got hurt and I would hope both guys are man enough to move on. The idea that we need to trade Prince seems like a classic knee-jerk overreaction to me.

Hopefully the attention this will cause will energize the team.

Community Moderator

Agreed. He's not going to say anything and he shouldn't. Do you expect him to call out one of his players? It will be discussed privately and handled internally. I doubt there will be any kind of suspension, especially since Prince is one of the only players on the club hitting the ball right now. If he does get the day off, Yost will play it off as him needing rest.

Reasons I dislike Prince:

1. Boras is his agent..won't sign longterm with Milwaukee

2. He is beyond horrible with his glove.

3. Got in a fight with and hit a young, talented starting pitcher on his own team in his upper body and throwing shoulder

4. Is out of shape and fat...really if I was getting paid millions to be an athlete you better believe I would not be 70 pounds overweight. He has a lot of natural ability but his desire to eat has limited his all around potential.

Agreed. He's not going to say anything and he shouldn't. Do you expect him to call out one of his players? It will be discussed privately and handled internally.

Yeah, there's a lot here about Yost -- I think he handled the media very unprofessionally by acting like they were jerks for asking. If it happened in the clubhouse, fine. But it happened in plain sight. Sorry, not saying anythign about Yost & how he's handled the players/altercation, just that McCalvy has to put up with far more than his share of crap.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived