Brewer Fanatic

The Dugout Fight (video on Brewers.com)

TooLiveBrew

Might as well start a separate thread for this one.

For those that didn't see, Fielder shoved Manny Parra back into the bench in the dugout tonight before the top of the 7th inning, came at him, slapped Manny in the face, and had to literally be pulled away and held down to the ground by appx. 4 men to be restrained from going back after Parra.

Yikes.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Calling that a "fight" is like calling August 15, 1945 the Battle of Hiroshima. That was one of the worst things I've ever seen a Brewer do. I can only hope in some way Manny had it partly coming .... otherwise, I don't even know what to say.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

The reason I think its mostly Prince's fault is because Manny looked so shocked Prince did that and didn't fight back. If you think sometimes coming, normally when Prince came after him he woulda put his hands up or try and do something back.... not just sit there and let everyone else restrain him looking like he doesn't know whats going on.

There's only a couple of things a man could say to another man that I condone that type of attack, and I guarantee Manny said none of them.

Prince is an embarrassment to Brewer fans everywhere. He has serious anger management issues, and they will only escalate if the Brewers continue to allow his behavior.

Its laughable to think Fielder is considered the leader of this team, as he's the only guy who's in desperate need of following a true leader.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

on the other hand, maybe the team can build a little "fight" inside of each other for the rest of the season and this could be a "good" thing that sparks everyone. That said, it's not usually something that I would condone personally.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I want Prince gone. Unacceptable. Just ridiculous. It looked like Manny didn't have any clue why Prince acted out that way. Maybe Parra said something but that response is uncalled for. YOU ARE TEAMMATES! This team seems like a stretched out rubber band. No bounce back and now the "team leader" is pushing and hitting his own guy in the face. Unreal and unacceptable.

Prince shouldn't have done it unless Manny said something that really crossed the line, but my guess is they make up quickly. Playing 162 games together, i'm surprised the cameras don't pick up more heated exchanges among players for all teams.

I'm far more concerned with the struggles vs righthanded pitching than an argument that likely will be forgotten by the two come tomorrow.

Community Moderator

I'm not ready to make a judgment on Fielder, but I can offer speculation.

Unfortunately for Prince, he is the most scrutinized player on the Brewers, both by the fans and the media. He's had more articles written about him than probably the rest of the players on the team combined. His weight and his diet are constantly commented about. The situation with his father hasn't gone away. Hitting 50 HR just brought more attention.

Obviosuly, I don't know the details about Prince. As a fan, I only recieve small details. I've heard that he acts differently around his teammates than around the media. He probably is different at home as well. It may be that all of the pressure is getting to him--he's been expected to perform at an elite level ever since he was hitting bombs at Tiger Stadium as a 14 year old. This is likely the first time in his life that he isn't the best player on the team--although he may not even say or think it, you have to think that the pressure to be equal to or better than Ryan Braun is affecting him.

What I do know is that he has gained a significant amount of weight since he was called up by the Brewers. All I needed to see was the video of his first ML home run from 2005 (it's on the Brewers website). I barely even recognized him. That could be said for not just his weight, but his personality as well. This isn't the man that I knew from 3 years ago. I know he can get through this and I want him to eventually sign a contract with the Brewers, but I worry that he won't make it. Hopefully he will handle the situation the right way and allow his teammates to support him, not oppose him.

BrewCrewIn2004 wrote

Brewers Live is a complete joke of a pre and post game show. Just awful. I like Cirillo but that is about it.

'Rillo is the first one who put forth that theory.

Yeah I know, and sometimes he says dumb things. I was just stating he is the only part of the crew that I can stand. And I was just saying as a whole the show sucks. Especially those on field demos.

Back to the fight. I know we need Prince in our lineup, but I think he needs to sit for a game. Start Russ at 1B tomorrow.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm guessing it had something to do with Prince not getting to the ground ball that Votto hit with 2 out in the 5th. I'm not saying it was a routine play, but Manny looked awful peeved after that play. Maybe he brought it up to someone and Prince overheard it and took exception.

I'm also very sick of Prince, especially in the field.

Archived