Brewer Fanatic

Win Tickets To Sit In Doorman's Seats, Friday, August 22nd v. Pirates

rickey24

Friends-

I've had numerous people come up to me over the past few years and tell me they wish they could sit in my seats for a game, well now is your chance to do just that. With the blessing of Brian, I'm going to have an open auction for my both of my seats to an upcoming Brewers game. There are however, a couple of rules that go along with sitting in these seats. First off, no foul language or upsetting of anyone sitting near you, and secondly, no calling all of your friends and waving to them when you're on camera. If you can abide by those two rules you're free to bid on these seats.

One more thing, this is a charity auction, with 100% of the proceeds being given to one of the charities listed below. So here is your chance to get a tax deduction, feel good, watch the Brewers, and then go home and see how you look eating peanuts and hot dogs on TV. There are a few things that need to be clear before I start this auction, they are:

1) Winning bidder will choose one of the four charities (listed below) that they want to give their money to.

2) Winning bidder must provide me with a phone number by the end of the auction so I can contact them to arrange the exchange of tickets and check.

3) Winning bidder will personally meet me to receive the tickets and will at that time provide me with a check written out to one of the four charities. I will send the winning bidder a receipt from the charity so they can use that for the IRS. Of course I know no one would ever think of writing a bad check to a charity, so please be sure you've got the funds to pay for the seats. I don't believe a money order is necessary, but I may require it depending on how high the final bid is.

4) The open auction will end on Monday, August 18th, 11:00 pm CDT, with the highest bid at that point declared the winner. This isn't eBay, so please don't wait until the last minute to submit your bid.

5) I will personally donate $300 to the other three charities that are not chosen so no one loses out.

The four charities that I've decided will benefit from this auction are:

1. American Cancer Society

2. United Negro College Fund

3. Rethinking Schools

4. Sojourner Truth House

While I certainly understand that there are many more charities out there that are worthy of receiving a donation, these are the four that I've decided I'd like the proceeds of the sale of my tickets to benefit.

In addition to the tickets the winning bidder will also receive passes to the Metavante Club, where they can go before, during or after the game to have a drink or some food. Somehow I have a feeling they'll go to the club before the game!

Again, this is the first time I've done something like this, and depending on the success I may decide to do this kind of charity fund raising in the future.

The opening bid of the tickets will be $120 which is what I paid for these seats when I bought them from the Brewers, although the face value of the tickets is more than this.

The seats are in Section 121, Row 4, Seats 9 & 10, you can put your left arm on the dugout sitting in my seat, and you can rest your beer on the dugout as well (of course it won't be up there long, the ushers will tell you to take it off).

Should you have any questions about this auction, please feel free to contact me at:

rickey35@gmail.com

Thanks and good luck!

Rickey
Aka
The Doorman

Very generous, indeed. I really like the fact that all four charities will be getting something out of this.

Too bad that I can't bid, however. Good luck to everyone! I'll really be looking forward to see if the winner can abide by the rules.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What section/row are the seats in? I didn't catch that in the post.

Sorry, I should have put that info in the original post, which I will go ahead and edit now. The seats are right behind the visitor's dugout, in Section 121, Row 4, Seats 9 & 10, you'll be able to put your left arm on the dugout, but just don't set your beer on the dugout, or Kenny the usher will tell you to take it off!

Rickey

rickey, i can in no way afford that, but i have to ask, i was at the entire brewers-cubs series, and it looked as if lou was giving it to you, on monday i think? I think I saw it two different times, just thought I would ask you, because it looked like he was turning around to yell at you, and then cubs fans were cheering...

was at the entire brewers-cubs series, and it looked as if lou was giving it to you, on monday i think? I think I saw it two different times, just thought I would ask you, because it looked like he was turning around to yell at you, and then cubs fans were cheering...
Actually we were having an ongoing conversation all game long, it was in good fun. It actually started last year when I was cheering Turnbow's called third strike to Ramirez, saying that was beautiful, he looked up and said that wasn't beautiful that was ugly. I said come on Lou, you have to admit that was pretty sweet. He said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Well at the start of the series he turned around around said hello, and then we started talking. At one point he asked my wife if she was praying, she said no, and he said well I am! That was in the 9th with Lee up to bat against Torres.

He also turned around a couple of times and pretended to bite his nails. He also was talking to me about Braun's homer. We just had a friendly conversation for all four games, with him usually shooting me a look after a good or bad play. When he took out Eyre in the 9th inning of Thursday's game, my wife asked him what is he doing, it was out of hand, and he came up and told us that Marshall hadn't worked in five days and needed the work. He was pretty cool, he even tossed me a foul ball from Prince, and after each game he said he'd see us tomorrow. After Thursday's game, he said we'll see you in September, should be a great race!

Classy guy. Now, the Cubs fans around us? Not so much. In fact, I'll go on to say that they were the worst fans I've ever had to sit through a game with. Which is why when they choke it will be that much more entertaining.

Rickey

Which leads into my question. How did you get such great seats?
I've had season tickets with a friend for a long, long time, and when MP opened, we sat nine rows behind the screen, but the next year a number of people dropped their season tickets (remember when only 5k would attend a non-give away game), so we moved to those seats, and have had them for the past seven years.

Archived