Brewer Fanatic

Who are your favorite current Brewers?

logan82

It would have been Prince. But once he signed with Boras, that was out. No way was I going to follow a player closely who's only goal was to leave as soon as possible. Hey all we ask is keep your options open. Give us the illusion that you might stay.

1.Hardy

2.Hart

3.Braun

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Braun (signed the big contract showing devotion to city and franchise)

2. Shouse (underrated bullpen arm that goes out and gets the job done - a rarity on this team the past 2 years)

3 and 4. (tie) Parra and Yo (future of our pitching rotation)

5. JJ (was on a soap opera)

6. Counsell (has silly batting stance)

1. Braun (chiefly because he tends to peeve Cubs fans the most. I look forward to him posing at Wrigley)

2. Prince (his biggest bombs are ahead of him)

3. CC (we can be heroes, if just for one half)

4. Branyan (named his son after Johnny Cash)

5. Rivera (probably would be my Number One, but that would be outlandish. Anyway, he's the player I would most like to emulate: gets paid a lot for not a lot of work, no one can say a bad word about him because he produces and stays out of the way.)

Salomon Torres. Have you ever heard any interviews with this guy? He's the most articulate, well grounded pro athlete I've ever heard. He gives thoughtful responses, often framed in sentences longer than 5 words, and is respectful to the reporters. He must be a great teammate, always deflecting credit to others and taking the blame when he falters.

In no particular order (except the first one):

Fielder

Weeks

Sheets

Branyan (could prove to be an extremely valuable placeholder on a very competitive team... I'd love to see him back in '09)

Gallardo

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

here's my list, it will be pretty understandable that i don't think these are the best of most significant players, just my favorite...well that's what the thread's at

gallardo

hart

turnblow (if you consider brewers organization)

braun

mota

Don't forget Hall, Capuano, and Suppan...

True, but JJ was born to be a soap star. Although Suppan has a nice mustache.

Salomon Torres. Have you ever heard any interviews with this guy? He's the most articulate, well grounded pro athlete I've ever heard.

Great point. I thought it was pretty admirable that he weighed the impact that a trade to the Brewers would have on his family:

"It's a giant move, and I have to make a decision if I want to go forward," Torres said. "This is going to change my life, my family's life. If I leave them here, they're going to have to be without me for a full year. If I take them with me, they're going to be affected."

Torres made clear he was not close to a decision, adding it might take several days or more.

"I just need to talk to my family. I can tell you this: If I go to Milwaukee, I'm going to give my heart and soul to the Brewers," he said. "If I stay, I'll be the same way. I'll be the one playing with my daughters and son and maybe even doing some of the cooking. It's a big decision, and I'm going to base it on my family."

And if we're allowed to choose from any Brewer in the organization, I'd put Capuano and Turnbow at 6 and 7. I'd love to see Capuano make a big comeback in '09.

Archived