3. Sheets - would be higher, but I am preparing for his loss in the offseason

4. Braun - makes the list because of the 8 year contract

5. Hardy

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Braun. Not only is he the future of the franchise, he's signed through 2015, is the only current Brewer that is most likely to join Yount, Molitor, Fingers and Aaron among Brewers that have their number retired, and he held my son last April in Nashville about a month before he got bumped up.

While I know it's not likely he sticks around past this season, Sabathia is a close second, as I knew he was good, but I didn't know he was this good. Gallardo and Parra come after that, and I still contend that no player is as enjoyable to watch as JJ Hardy.

It's sad that Prince Fielder probably won't be represnted very well in this thread since I think most assume he'll be gone sooner rather than later. If that wasn't the issue, he would probably be #1 on my and anyone else's list.

1. Braun -- I had a chance to meet him while in Boston. He's a really nice guy, he's extremely talented, and I love his swaggar. His # will be the next retired by the Brewers -- I really wonder how high his ceiling is.

2. Yo

3. JJ

4. Hall

5. Hart

If we can resign Sabathia, he'll shoot up to Number 2.

Edit: Hart's #5, not JJ again.

1. Braun -- I had a chance to meet him while in Boston. He's a really nice guy, he's extremely talented, and I love his swaggar. His # will be the next retired by the Brewers -- I really wonder how high his ceiling is.

2. Yo

3. JJ

4. Hall

5. Hardy

If we can resign Sabathia, he'll shoot up to Number 2.

You must REALLY like JJ Hardy.

1. Hardy

2. Hart

3. Braun

4. Yo

5. Parra

2-5 aren't necessarily in any of kind of order as I couldn't logically come up with a way to quantify their status.

Interesting point about Fielder Colby, I've never gotten too attached to him simply because I've never expected him to sign longterm with the Brewers.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

1a) Sheets

1b) Sabathia

3) Parra

4) Suppan

5) I'm torn between Bush and McClung, but I'm leading more toward Bush

Hah, awesome.

1) Hart

2) Parra

3) Sheets

4) Bush

5) Weeks

Gabe Gross and Chris Capuano used to be up there. I know Capuano's still on the team but I'm going with the current 25 man roster.

Archived