Brewer Fanatic

8/4/08 Brewers (Parra) at Reds (Arroyo): 6:10 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think its that "silly" benching Cameron for Kapler. How many consecutive days of typical backup outfielder play would bring Kaplers numbers down to where Camerons were at a similar amount of plate appearances? I would have taken Kapler over Jenkins and Mench last year too.

I just rewound it on my DVR and I can't see Manny saying anything. I see him slam the jacket on the bench and kind of look over at Prince and then Prince goes off. You can see Manny kind of say something over to Prince as he is being restrained and pointing to the bench. You can also read JJ's lips with a "what the heck are you doing?" Best part of the whole thing is that Yost doesnt even move from his seat the whole time even though he is within a body length of the ruckus. He visibly is sitting there looking at his scoresheet as there are five players plus Mike Maddux restraining Prince.

is branyan on deck. oh wait, ned sent him up there with no one on. Hey genius the game is nine innings i know your little brain gets stressed but we need our manager to think for all nine of them.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

That Fielder incident was ridiculous, and will be splashed all over every news outlet imaginable for days to come.

There were six players and staff holding Prince back, no one was with manny. J.J. was above the railing, looking down on the pile, yelling at Prince.

My friend who works for the team often talks about Fielder's temper. Apparently the littlest thing sets him off and it happens all the time. Obviously he has "dad issues", but as my friend says its more than that. He never appears happy in the clubhouse or around the ballpark. The word is just say out of the dude's way or he could go off. Maybe Manny just got in his way...(of a Twinkie as someone mentioned earlier)

That Fielder incident was ridiculous, and will be splashed all over every news outlet imaginable for days to come.

There were six players and staff holding Prince back, no one was with manny. J.J. was above the railing, looking down on the pile, yelling at Prince.

i noticed JJ yelling also. It seemed to be that team was sided with Manny.

No kidding, he didn't seem to care much the first few months of the year. Hardly any emotion last year he showed it all the time.

Last time the Brewers were in AZ I was listening to their broadcast on xm and their announcers were talking A LOT about Prince's body language and seemingly apathetic attitude towards everything. The Brewers were in the field and were setting up a bunt defense and Prince was just standing behind the runner with his hand on his hip like he wasn't even paying attention on defense. They also said he moved a runner over once by grounding to the right side and mike maddux went to show him some love when he came back to the dugout and he just blew him off. There will be those who ignore things like this and say baseball is only about the stats and chemistry means nothing, but I don't care, you don't blow your coaches and teammates off like that and you certainly dont slam one of your starting pitchers into the bench. It seriously seems like he only cares about hitting bombs. Sometimes he shows emotion after big homeruns by his teammates but if youre a leader you cant be moping around because youre slumping, chemistry and attitude is a factor I don't care how much some will dispute that.

Archived