Brewer Fanatic

8/4/08 Brewers (Parra) at Reds (Arroyo): 6:10 PM CDT

wibadgers23

I just can't figure Ned out. How many times will we see Rickie swing and miss at Arroyo's slow curve? If any hitter on the 25 man roster should be sitting tonight, it's Rickie Weeks. Durham is a patient, left handed hitter. Exactly what we need tonight.

The Counsell thing perplexes me. Sure, his defense is decent. But, didn't Hall bash Arroyo this year? I remember Hall hitting a slow curve into orbit in Cincinnati this year.

Cmon Manny, shut em down. Our lineup stinks again tonight.

Also, I believe Ned was using BF.net to get his lineups from Woogie's IGT. Ned's lineups have stunk lately.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
I'm glad Rickie's in there. I still feel like he gives us a better chance to win than Ray "grounder to 2nd" Durham. Even if I'm the only Rickie supporter left, I still want him in there.

But, didn't Hall bash Arroyo this year? I remember Hall hitting a slow curve into orbit in Cincinnati this year.

Hall is 2-for-15 against Arroyo in his career with a HR which came earlier this season.

Even if I'm the only Rickie supporter left, I still want him in there.
I'm with you obsessed, he's frustrating as heck to watch, at times, but he clearly is the more talented player. If the Brewers want to go to the playoffs and win, he needs to get things right, and the only way to do that is too keep playing him on a regular basis.

Sure Rickie's more talented. Without a doubt. But does he give us the best chance to win? No.

We're here to win games, not feel sorry for guys who give 100% and end up on the bench.

A patient left handed stick is exactly what Arroyo doesn't want to see. And ours (Durham) is on the bench.

If the team needs Rickie to get hot and stay hot for a playoff run, it probably won't happen. That sounds like Ned talking about Turnbow: "we need this kid."
Formerly AKA Pete

The biggest disappointment to me is seeing Kendall in there for the 98th game in a row (or so it feels). Other than the hit Saturday afternoon, he really seems to be having a hard time at the plate. Why not Rivera, Ned? One game a week to keep Kendall fresh for September/October is really not too much to ask.

Counsell is just SUCH a bad hitter that there is no way to justify starting him at 3B unless there is no other option. No way that his good defense makes up for the chasm between his and Branyan's offensive skills.

But I'm sure that Yost thinks Counsells gives good ABs, whatever that means.

Come on Bruce...why not be positive. As a Brewer fan, why should you be negative. This is the BEST team we have had in how many years? We are leading the wild card, while still in the division race. Try to have some fun. It's like every result with every pitch and at bat has to be positive to keep some Brewer fans happy.

Its better than him batting 2nd when he plays SS! Counsell is going to end up with like 250 PAs, about 100 more than any decent manager would give him.

Yeah, I don't like that our lineup is filled out by positions rather than players.

2B

SS

LF

1B

RF

3B

CF

C

P

I mean I get that he doesn't want to mess with the whole lineup if he doesn't have to, but there are minor changes that can be made to prevent things like Counsell hitting so high.

Archived