Brewer Fanatic

Braun's 3B Defense vs. Gamel's 3B Defense

JJHardy7

I do not think they should rush Gamel to the majors. If he continues to show improvement bring him up at about the same time of year they brought up Braun next year. Escobar should stay down for awhile as well to continue to work on his bat. No need to hurry him with Hardy here (unless they are able to trade him for good value). I think in the end to maximize value they need to decide on who to keep between JJ and Escobar. I believe you can get better value in a trade for JJ than to move him to 2nd or 3rd which would somewhat limit his value.

I do not understand why people get so frustrated with Cameron. He has played very well defensively this year. We do not need 8 good offensive players and not worry about defense. We have a bunch of below average defenders (with Fielder being terrible), we need some good defenders to balance it out. Cameron is not our problem. We need more players who will play small ball, but Cameron is here for his defense.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rotation should have Yo, Manny, Suppan, and Bush. The 5th spot is the question mark. McClung was great as a 5 inning fill in. He far exceeded my expectations and I thank him for that, but he is not a long term solution at all. Our best chances are Villy (who I think fits better in relief) or an FA. I don't trust Dempster to be this good ever again in his life, and Derek Lowe is getting old. Sadly, those might be the only choices we have.

I think we should keep Gamel and Escobar in AAA for the full year next year if that's possible based on the moves they make this offseason. They would both benefit by improving their skills, Gamel mostly defensive, and Escobar mostly offensive.

Archived