Brewer Fanatic

07/06/2006 Cubs (Maddux) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05pm CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
so does anyone know what the crowd looks like tonight on the take back miller park debut? more of the same or more crew fans?

I was at the game and I'd say at least 65/35 Brewers fans to Cubs fans. Anyone else think that's about right?

Great night! I was at the game too and it was a lot of fun. I was worried when we didn't score any runs in the first 3 innings despite great opportunities, but we ended up getting 2 and that was all Cappy needed. What an awesome pitching performance. Jenkins' throw to nail Ramirez was insane! From my vantage point (behind 3rd base, upper deck) I thought the throw was going to hit Ramirez in the back of the head, that's how accurate it was.

It did seem like there were a lot more Brewer fans than Cub fans there tonight. Some of that may have been because the Cubs fans were really, really quiet all night. The ones by me were docile; I got the impression that they knew they were going to lose anyway, so why cheer. On the way out, some of the Brewers fans were whooping it up and the general response was "whoop-de-do, you beat the Cubs. Haven't you heard how bad we suck?"

One final note...I was at the game with my sister. She just finished reading my copy of Moneyball and is enjoying her new perspective on the game. So she's looking at the stats on the scoreboard and says "What kind of idiot would bat Pierre and Perez at the top of the order when their on-base percentage is so low?" It's official....even my little sister thinks Dusty Baker is a moron! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Did she do that? Really? That's awesome. I think i might have to buy that book for 2 of my sisters. The other knows her stuff... She plays softball and is darn good at it. Going into 8th grade next year and they want her to play with the JV team.

Anyway, i might as well pick that up for my girlfriend too. She's a diehard Jenkins fan, Brett Favre too...

Neifi Perez has a .260 OBP. It's so funny hearing Cub fans cheer Perez on, having no idea how bad he really is. I was at the game as well, and it was a nice, relaxing, quick victory. Capuano was spectacular, there's no other way to put it. And on the Brewer/Cub fan note, I'd agree that there were plenty more Brewer fans than Cub fans. I'd say even close to 70/30, it was nice to see.

Archived