Brewer Fanatic

8/3/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Braves (Campillo): 12:35 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think Sheets is just trying to hard to assert himself as "the man" since CC got here? It seems like he's overthinking his pitches, and just doesn't look comfortable on the mound. Of course, with our RISP in the toilet, he's probably figuring he can't afford to give up many runs either.

Had a feeling this might've been a good day to get out of the house and away from the TV.

Go figure - Yost packs the lineups with as many lefties as possible against a righty who's best pitch is a changeup, a pitch that's most effective against lefthanded hitters.

Not that any of the righthanded hitters are doing anything anyways - maybe after seeing this guy for three starts the hitters might adjust at some point? Please????

Play of the year there by Prince.

Everyone thinks Sheets is "trying to be the man." What does that even mean? Isn't it more likely that he's fatigued, and therefore has lost some command? He's #1 in pitcher abuse points.

yeah, Campillo seems to be the real deal. He handled us easily in Milwaukee. He handled us easily in Atlanta. And now, he's handling us easily again in Atlanta. Many people might think it's luck, but either he's pretty good or we're just not using a good plate approach (i.e. we're terrible). I'm not sure which.

I certainly doesn't help that Sheets looks pretty poor today. Only 3 runs allowed, but probably could very easily have been 4-5 runs. Too many pitches thrown, too.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

He might be a decent pitcher but you have to make some sort of adjustments. Move up in the box, take some more pitches, go the other way something.

Making adjustments at the plate isn't part of the Brewer's game plan. Man, this dude is probably going to have 6 wins after this game, and 3 of them are going to be against Milwaukee.

Archived