Brewer Fanatic

8/2/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Braves (Morton): 2:55 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they had Torres warming from the start of the top of the 9th -- it seems like he would've been ready to start the bottom half. I guess Ned decided that he was going to pinch hit for Sabathia if his spot came up in the order, but since the Brewers went down 1-2-3, he decided to leave him in there to start the inning.

I would've preferred to let Torres start the inning clean instead of with a guy on base, but at least Sabathia took care of one of the outs. Hopefully Torres doesn't make this interesting like he did in the last trip to Atlanta.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Mass Haas wrote:

Thank you. Information is cool.

No problem. I picked up one of the navy jerseys earlier this year and they are much more comfortable than the regular ones.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Why was Hall playing even with the bag at third? If he's back, that's an easy out.

Protecting against an extra base hit down the line, almost conceding a run on a high chopper. Basically, risk reward management.

Archived