Brewer Fanatic

8/2/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Braves (Morton): 2:55 PM CDT

wibadgers23
Ok, CC is a bunch of crap-- Yost should bench the dude.

I wasn't saying that -- I was trying to say that Weeks wasn't the only one to blame on that play, since it was pretty crappy all around. I don't know how it could be considered "Weeks' run" if that double play wouldn't have ended the inning anyway and there was still going to be a runner on third. The guy that was safe at first never came around to score. I guess you could argue it extended the inning by an out, but like end said, if Hardy makes a play he should make, that run doesn't score anyway.

I guess I'm just kind of tired of everything being blamed on Weeks when the defense as a whole has been pretty horrible for the better part of a week.

Edit: Nice easy inning for Sabathia. He really needed one after struggling to find the zone in the first couple innings.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sabathia's throw was plenty good enough for Weeks to turn that into an easy double play. Catch it step away and throw.

Any big league 2nd baseman should make that play.

Hardy should have been able to make the play on the rbi single as well but the Weeks play was really routine.

Good to see the offense doing what it normally does against terrible pitchers.

(See: "Rusch, Glendon", "Lilly, Ted", "Fogg, Josh", "Bailey, Homer", or the other game against this clown for further evidence. But, hey, this happens to teams all the time. That's why so few starting pitchers have ERAs over 5. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif)

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived