Brewer Fanatic

7/7/2006 Cubs (Zambrano) @ Brewers (Jackson) 7:05 CST

The North Sliders of Chicago are in town to fight the War of I-94. Chicago posts a record of 31-54 while Milwaukee counters with a 44-43 mark.

Carlos Zambrano ® is 7-3 with a 3.33 ERA

He gets countered by

Zach Jackson (L) who is looking to improve his 1-1record & 6.11 ERA.

Chicago can't hit lefties, so let's hope to see Action Jackson go deep into the game and post a quality start. I'm also hoping that Zambrano will let the Brewers get into his head and take him out of the game mentally.

For further information, I'd like to suggest you check out the following information provided by batman. By clicking on this excellent link chock full of goodness you will find that our very own Bill Batterman has written professional caliber stories for us. Please do yourself a favor and check them out.

Scouting Report:

Zambrano will be the Cubs' lone All-Star representative, and this will be his last start before the game in Pittsburgh. Zambrano picked up the win against the White Sox in his last start, giving up seven runs on seven hits over six-plus innings. He also hit his third home run of the year, and is the first Cubs pitcher with at least three since Fergie Jenkins hit six in 1971.

Jackson will try to rebound from his last outing, when he lasted just five innings and allowed seven earned runs against Minnesota. He surrendered a five-run third inning as the Twins sent 10 batters to the plate. In his previous start, which was against the Cubs, Jackson went 5 2/3 innings and allowed six hits and three runs.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's show Z a nice early hitting performance, and lots of earned runs that he has to think about for the next week and a half.

Huge game today if we win. Sure would be nice clinching the split of the series in the second game.

Assuming the cubs bench the lefties again tonight you have to love facing a lineup with Perez in the lineup and Walker and Jones out of it. Hopefully that will help Jackson out as he really seems like he could use some more AAA time. I think he will be solid in the future and I love how stingy he is with the walks but a little more seasoning would help.

On the offensive side tonight, Zambrano has already walked 65 guys in just 119 innings. Be patient at the plate and get his pitch count up. Make those walks turn into runs and they will be fine tonight.

Do I have a problem?

Yes, of course you do. We all do.

(stands up from a plastic chair, looks at floor, shifts back and forth) "Hello. Uhhh, ummm, my name's Jamie and uhhh, (clears throat) I'm a Brewers fan."

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Give me some more of that left-handed mojo

And, we can lend yost's moniker to this storefront for the young pup's sake...

http://simpsonovi.comics.cz/media/Obrazky/WALL/images/leftorium.jpg

man would it be great for the rook to steal this one from Hot Head and punch the cubs in the gut, kick em when they're down, spray lemon juice in their paper cut, make them drop their toast and have it land butter side down, etcetera.

recipe for a meltdown

1) error by cedeno

2) walk, with the ump not giving Z a close call

3) balk, when he gets all snarly and twitchy

4) infield single he can't reach

5) HBP, between the shoulder blades... ump warns him, yelling ensues

6) error by cedeno, just for fun

7) ball crushed to the gap

8 ) enter bullpen, 3rd inning

.500... don't look back

A guaranted series split tonight would be great. Would calm some of my nerves. I hear it all the time that I take baseball to much to heart but darnit I love it!

Let's go Zach... just like Cappy last night and dominate the Cubs!

Great googly moogly...

We just got settled in our hotel in Seattle (with a laptop) and I naturally got right down to catching up on Brewers news.

I read the score of the Wednesday night marathon on Thursday afternoon, but only now saw the box score and recap (which I got tired reading, forget about the glorious IGT).

I dangled my walkman all over the train car Thursday night, trying to keep a signal, until the ESPN radio guys (somewhere in Montana) finally gave the Capuano shutout score.

And it wasn't until I found a Seattle newspaper this morning that I saw that Mike Rivera is on the big league roster...and I knew what THAT meant. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

What a difference a couple of days makes. I have a new understanding of how you posters outside the Brewers' market live now. I salute you all.

Keep going, Brewers! Get to Hothead early and often!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Today may be Zack Jack's last MLB start for awhile, or he may remain as the #5 until Sheets returns. It may depend on his performance today, so here's hoping he makes it a good one.

Lefty mojo!

http://img.timeinc.net/golfonline/images/news/mickelson_jacket040411.jpg

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/buck/img/dec05/mr1227.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Diner/8747/jimi_wood.gif

Any lineups yet?

I'll give it my best shot:

1.) Weeks

2.) Hall

3.) Jenkins

4.) Lee

5.) Fielder

6.) Koskie

7.) Rivera

8.) Gross

9.) Jackson

Rivera gets the start and bats over Gross to split the lefties. MY GUESSES, not the actual lineup http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Fielder is due for a day off soon if he doesn't start coming around, though.

Hawing, i've been doing this for over 3 years now. What's weird is going home to Wisconsin and turning on the TV for the Brewer game without having to log in. Or listening on the radio without having to click anywhere with a mouse. No fees, no registration... Free baseball.. ahhhhhh that's refreshing.

I'm going to be home next weekend so i'll get to watch a full series in my living room.

Any lineups yet?

I'll give it my best shot:

1.) Weeks

2.) Hall

3.) Jenkins

4.) Lee

5.) Fielder

6.) Koskie

7.) Rivera

8.) Gross

9.) Jackson

i have a feeling hall and koskie might be switched around..that was its left right left instead of two lefties in a row(fielder koskie)

Quote:
i have a feeling hall and koskie might be switched around..that was its left right left instead of two lefties in a row(fielder koskie)

But then you still have Koskie batting next to Jenkins. And although he has done it before, I don't think Koskie is your ideal #2 hitter.

How about this..

You can type with both hands today, HOWEVER, you must click the send button with your left hand.

Now, you have to consider the grips.

Of course reaching over with your left hand at a perpendicular angle to the seams (mouse buttons) with index and middle finger will give you optimal speed.

For sarcasm, move the mouse clockwise so that it fits into the palm of your hand better, and use mainly your middle finger with your index and ring fingers for support on the sides and don't forget the blue font.

Archived