Brewer Fanatic

7/8/2006 Cubs (Marmol) @ Brewers (Bush) 6:05 CST

PNut33
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bush is dealing tonight!

What a trade that Overbay deal is turning out to be, I admit I didn't like Gross at first but he's coming on really strong lately.

Also, if you compare Bush's numbers to Cappy's they are basically the same except the era. I think Bush is in position to finish strong this season and shutting out the Cubs will be the first step.

Bush has been very very good his last 6 or 7 starts. Doug and his staff seem to have a very good knack for talent. Toronto all but gave up on this guy. At his best I bet Bush could finish with an ERA around 3.6 or so. But we have to remember we are playing the cubs,

We've hit a ton of balls on the nose this weekend and they just aren't finding holes/gaps. Look at the last hit by Cirillo for instance. I wouldn't worry about the offense. Yes we're struggling a bit right now, but the all-star game is in two games, and they will get a much needed rest. I'm confident that after the break, the Fielder's and the Hall's will start mashing again.

Quote:
Come off the ledge everyone, Marmol has 86 pitches through 4 innings. Well get some more runs. Actually Ill gaurantee next inning well retake the lead

I'll hold you to that.

Quote:
Come off the ledge everyone, Marmol has 86 pitches through 4 innings.

The only problem with that is the Cubs have some pretty good arms in their pen. Although right now I'll take my chances against anyone not named Marmol.

Can someone tell me why we aren't able to hit this guy's fastball? I think he's thrown two curveballs for strikes tonight yet we're not keying on his fastball.

Another 1-2-3 inning. This isn't looking good. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived