Brewer Fanatic

8/1/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Braves (James): 6:30 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we all agree this is good? Cubs lost to the Pirates, 3-0.

Agreed, but how does that happen? 31 runs against us and 0 today against the Pirates??!!

All that running around the bases in Milwaukee wore them out?

As I said in the Non-Brewer IGT, that's why I don't bet on baseball.

That's hilarious that you say that because I bet on the cubs -1.5 today in hopes that it would cause them to lose. Maybe I will have to continue this practice?

I propose we start passing around the collection plate to help Brother Gorman on this noble Mission!

sheethead wrote:

Edit: and for the record, I didn't start the complaining, but I can complain about the lineup all I want. Its why I love Freedom and being an American. Telling me I can't complain about the lineup sounds like you are telling me you don't like Freedom or America.

Deep breaths. DEEEP Breaths. Count to ten.

I just can't wait for another great Corey Hart AB with how he's been going

after watching Prince draw a 4-5 pitch walk, here's pretty much been the sequence:

pitch 1: Swing and miss at a slider/curve low and away in the dirt - blurt out an expletive

pitch 2: Take a fastball right down the middle for strike two - blurt out another expletive because you just guessed the pitcher would thrown another waste pitch low and away

pitches 3-4: a couple of foulballs on high fastballs or fastball 3-4 inches off the plate - occasionally taking a ball or 2 along the way that aren't close to the zone

pitch 5 - swing and miss at another slider/curve low and away in the dirt - hand your bat and helmet to the batboy and take your glove out to right.

hoping to reverse the Karma with this post and watch him go 3-4 with a walk!

I'm going to be honest even though Cameron and Hart may be better players, I'd much prefer Kapler's approach at the plate right now with all of these free-swinging HR hitters.

Kapler is much more a free swinger than Cameron-Free swinger does not mean few strikeouts-it means swing at everything which is what Kapler does. Kapler's success this year is all BABIP driven.

When does the Power 50 release its Grit Rankings? Am I wrong in placing Weeks in the bottom 5 of Brewer 25 man roster grit relativity? Or do the HBPs and plowage of the Cubs catcher (game #3?) keep him permanently up there? The only players with less grit I can see is Braun & JJ (too pretty), Rivera (catchers shouldn't be offensive minded in Yost-ese) and Parra (Manny is too girly of a name).

Grit quantified! I made a formula to determine grit= HBP+SF+SH minus HR+IBB+GIDP+SO, +100, *GB%, *singles/total hits. The top Grittiest Brewers (hitters only) were Kendall, Counsell, and Kapler. Weeks was actually fourth, driven by his propensity to get hit by pitches does increase his GRIT. Your observations are impressive.

Richmond Braves lineup for tonight (OPS in parentheses):

1. LF Gregor Blanco (.693)

2. SS Yunel Escobar (.735)

3. CF Mark Kotsay (.730)

4. 1B Casey Kotchman (.756)

5. 3B Omar Infante (.828)

6. 2B Kelly Johnson (.776)

7. RF Jeff Francoeur (.659)

8. C Clint Sammons (1.375 in 8 AB)

9. P Chuck James

That's a pretty bad lineup.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I really wish Kendall would have the day off...he looked dead during the Cubs series. I don't see how Ned doesn't see that. And didn't Simmons comment not that long ago that he thought Kendall would need some rest soon because he was playing an awful lot?

My theory (tongue-in-cheek.....mostly) is that Ned wished he could play every day when he was a catcher, but because he was crappy enough to never play more than 80 games in a season, he doesn't fully grasp how worn out a catcher gets.

That said, watch Kendall go 2 for 3 tonight and make us all look dumb. Here's hoping...

Richmond Braves lineup for tonight (OPS in parentheses):

1. LF Gregor Blanco (.693)

2. SS Yunel Escobar (.735)

3. CF Mark Kotsay (.730)

4. 1B Casey Kotchman (.756)

5. 3B Omar Infante (.828)

6. 2B Kelly Johnson (.776)

7. RF Jeff Francoeur (.659)

8. C Clint Sammons (1.375 in 8 AB)

9. P Chuck James

That's a pretty bad lineup.

This brings back great childhood memories of when the Braves were the worst team in baseball...serves them right for moving. GO BREWERS...have some hometown pride!!!

Archived