Brewer Fanatic

If the Brewers face the Cubs in the playoffs, would the Ã?ubs fans have more trouble getting tickets?

Legacy25GT

Playoff tickets

The Cardinals have a limited ticket program from a radio sponsor in which fans may buy 2 tickets for $11.50(1150 AM), random spots, for every home game. It's called First Pitch tickets. You pick your tickets up right before the game at aWill Call spot(you sign up for the right to get them early in the morning) with a shown driver's license. Thus, scalping/ reselling cannot be done. If the Brewers would use the Will Call for roughly half of playoff seats, the lure to resell them simply wouldn't even be there. Only the person who bought the tickets could get the tickets day of game with valid driver's license/ID. For Brewer season ticket holders, the seats would have to stay in the family or transferred to other season ticket holders looking for seats. Not a perfect idea, but I'm hoping for a system that would surely get Brewer fans in the stadium and leave Cub fans out.

Regular season tickets

1.Charge Illinois fans double the price of regular, keeping Wisconsin price at regular, not marquee pricing- Driver's license required

2.Cub tickets are not on sale when individual seats are. Make them available at the stadium on Sat. night game only by box office, then later put them online/by phone; this should get Brewer fans more seats- hey, I looked for some just lately for the end of the season and couldn't get any. I'm guessing other Brewer fans have similar problems.

3.Big one- Will Call for season ticket holders. Either ya take the seats, or the Brewers will be flexible and refund you your money, making the seats available for past group leaders or local businesses at Will Call. No selling out to Ebay or Cub fans

4.Be proactive in getting seats to Brewers fans; hey, if I had a call in February and the Brewers were selling seats to me by phone, I'd probably take four; that being said I know I still could do the same on the first day seats go on sale, but I'd like to see the Brewers ticket office be take charge on this, view it as a challenge to get Brewers fans in the building.

Finally, we all know that the Brewers could have easily sold out all four Cubs games with just Brewer fans and would have if given the chance. Concludin give Cub fans credit for travelling, give Brewers fans no credit for selling out, and keep asking the Brewers ticket sales team to cater to Brewers fans. We'll show up.

Some great posts on this thread. Perhaps the Brewers Ticket Sales Office may check in from time to time, I'll add my $.02 worth:

Cubs fans are very aggressive on the internet ticket marketplace, and there are simply many more Cubs fans. What makes buying single-game tickets easy for Brewer fans, also makes it real easy for Cubs fans. Hold back all single Cubs games offline, but package each one with 5 other April/May/Sept non-Cub games for a "Cub 6-Pack" online. I also like Rick H's February direct marketing plan to Brewer fans.

The Cardinals' First Pitch idea --- Brewers should do this for all Marquee games, not just (please don't jinx us) playoff games.

Tau's recommended "$17 parking discount" for cars sporting serious Brewer garb is great, do it.

With more tickets moving to digital seat rights, make these transferrable online only to another registered Brewers Season Seat Holder, minimum 20-pack. Also, any StubHub resale could require a Brewer login account from the buyer, verifyable by the Brewers.

This week there were loads of visiting Cubs fans in the expensive Field Level and Club Level locations. Wisconsin companies of course use these perks to market their business to Chicago clients. This happens in Green Bay as well. However, the Packers revoke your season rights if your tickets are given/resold to an abusive fan. Brewers should consider this policy in the pricey sections.

Thanks and GO BREW

Leinie[/b] Lodge]This week there were loads of visiting Cubs fans in the expensive Field Level and Club Level locations. Wisconsin companies of course use these perks to market their business to Chicago clients. This happens in Green Bay as well. However, the Packers revoke your season rights if your tickets are given/resold to an abusive fan. Brewers should consider this policy in the pricey sections.

When you have a 30 year waiting list, revoking tickets is a legit threat. If a company bought 4 Diamond box 81 game season tix, and in one game, one fan gets tossed you don't really think the Brewers could/would want to loose or not accept their business do you?

I was at 7/31 and while my section (212) was mostly Brewers fan I can't say the same for my parking section or the stadium as a whole. I know Packers season ticket holders who are Wisconsin born and raised that are Cubs fans. It makes ZERO sense to me. One Cubs home series we sat one section over from a bus from the fox valley and that had to have 50-60% Cubs fans. . .amazing. I honestly think that if we get to the playoffs for the 1st time in 25 years there is no way that NLCS game is more then 10% Cubs fans. Anybody dedicated enough to support the Brewers as a season ticket hold WANTS to be at one of those games...right?

I honestly think that if we get to the playoffs for the 1st time in 25 years there is no way that NLCS game is more then 10% Cubs fans. Anybody dedicated enough to support the Brewers as a season ticket hold WANTS to be at one of those games...right?
That's a nice sentiment. But, IMO it only means the price goes up. Given that the Cubs haven't won it all in 100 years, and the competition in getting tix among the large fan base, their willingness to pay will also go up. I think it's pretty clear that the most die-hard Brewers fan would accept SOME price for their tix. Let's say $1,000,000 for the sake of an extreme example. Nobody in their right mind would turn that down, right? Well then the question becomes - how much less than $1MM will it take to get a Brewers fan to give up their tix. The numbers of fans involved (and the relatively easy access to get here) dictates that we're going to see a good amount of Cubs fans at Miller Park. More of them will simply be willing to meet the required price. There's no way around it, unless the Brewers become some sort of neo-fascist organization and boot anyone caught cheering for the visiting team.

That's your choice & right Myday, but that right there is why there are so many Cubs fans at these games. When something makes that much economic sense, I can't say it's easy to criticize the decision... especially when the season ticket-holder doesn't have oodles of disposable income (like me, if I were one).

As a UW-Madison student, this same debate/concept would come up for nearly every big football/basketball game. If you can pay for a huge chunk (or all) of your ticket purchase price, it's hard to not say 'Yes' in many cases.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Cubs fans buy those tickets to regular season games early in the season or before it starts. I am sure they will be out in full force at the end of the season as well. The playoff tickets can not be sold ahead of time and season ticket holders will get first opportunity so I don't think as many Cub fans will get their grubby hands on them.

Cubs fans buy those tickets to regular season games early in the season or before it starts. I am sure they will be out in full force at the end of the season as well. The playoff tickets can not be sold ahead of time and season ticket holders will get first opportunity so I don't think as many Cub fans will get their grubby hands on them.

I'm not sure how true that is. A friend of mine was at one of the games last week and asked a lot of Cubs fans how they got their tix and a few said early in the year. The vast majority according to him said they bought them in the last month.

I really think people were just selling their tix for a game in July at 10x the face value. Can't blame them.

Allow me to confess. I have a twenty pack and once I saw I had tix to two Cubs games I posted them on Stub Hub. I did this because A. I've had bad experiences going to Cubs games at MP and B. I saw it as a possible way to get back some money I probably should not have spent on my twenty pack. The results were good. I sold four 14$ terrace reserved tickets for a total of 146.20 which pays for almost half of my total 20-pack. This helps me a lot. I'm not rich and never will be.

If the Brewers go to the playoffs, I will (agian) buy the whole playoff sheet and selectively sell tickets in hopes of minimizing the cost of the rest. I do this because I want to be there, not to make money. If I didn't do this (or plan to do this) I would not be there at all and perhaps not have bought the 20-pack in the first place.

I feel guilt for possibly putting Cubs fans in the stands, but I want to be there for all the rest of the games and their deep pockets subsidize this, in a way.

For what it's worth, of the two pairs of tickets I sold last week, one set went to a Wisconsin address and they bid fare more than the one that went to Ill.

I'd prefer to gouge good ole Brewer fans!

My suggestion of Will Call would mean a rehaul of the system for Cubs games. Instead of having a few windows for Will Call, most windows would be Will Call with each ticket holder assigned in advance what window number to pick them up. If that still is not reasonable or undoable, make just the Field level ticket holders have to pick tickets up at Will Call with proper ID. Good tickets should be going to Brewer fans, come on people.

For all those trying to ease their conscious of selling tickets to Cub fans, I'm sorry, but many are never going to agree with you. Like most, I don't care if you sell all your other game tickets to Cardinal, Twins, or Astros fans, but not Cubs tickets to the Cubbies fans. Their proximity to Milwaukee and the fact that many of the fans are either drunk, rude, or obnoxious by tearing down the Brewers and their fans rather than just cheering for their own team, is way too much to just endure. Oh yeah, aren't we in a pennant race with them?

Will Call for Field level tickets is a legitimate resolution for scalping on the secondary market. Charging double to Illinois residents is another-bleed em broke I say. Begin selling Cubs tickets at the box office during the home opener series could be another. Brewers fans would eat these up during the excitement of baseball beginning. Would these alterations be perfect? Absolutely not. Wisconsin Cub fans( I hate puting those two words together) wouldn't have to pay double. Cub fans could rule the second and third decks by Brewer fans still selling their tickets. Will Call lines could still be long. But hey, it would be a start.

I really think that 100% of Cub fans at any NLCS game in Milwaukee would have to buy scalped tickets.

When playoff tickets go on sale, I couldn't imagine a Cubs fan buying tickets in Milwaukee, on the chance that the Cubs will play here. They may be the best two teams, but if your a Cub fan, why wouldn't you guarantee seeing your own team? If it were the first round, I could see it. But I believe all playoff tickets go on sale at the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If Brewer fans sell playoff tickets to Cub fans, they are scalpers, not Brewer fans.

Archived