Brewer Fanatic

If the Brewers face the Cubs in the playoffs, would the Ã?ubs fans have more trouble getting tickets?

Legacy25GT

Quick question. If the brewers were to face the cubs in the playoffs, would the cubs fans have a bit more trouble getting tickets than they do for the regular season games?

I think most of the playoff tickets would be taken by season ticket holders including 40, 20 & 10-pack ticket holders and all would be sold (from the brewers) before the opponent is know, but the question is how many of those season ticket holders will sell their tickets, and how many of those season ticket holders are actually ticket brokers that always sell their tickets. Does anyone have a good feel for how this would play out? I think I would be devastated if the cubs fans were able to buy up 15-20% of the playoff tickets, that being enough to get their stupid chants and cheers going.

(clarified thread title --1992)

I think the season ticket people would hold them quite a bit more.

Why? Sure, they'd want to hold on to them, but we've already established what these folks are willing to do. Now we're just talking price. Brewers/Cubs only happens in the NLCS and I don't see how fans willing to give it up for a couple hundred bucks would suddenly decide that they wouldn't for the 5 to 10x more that Cub fans would be willing to shell out to see their team possibly clinch a WS berth.

Brewers/Cubs only happens in the NLCS and I don't see how fans willing to give it up for a couple hundred bucks would suddenly decide that they wouldn't for the 5 to 10x more that Cub fans would be willing to shell out to see their team possibly clinch a WS berth.
Absolutely. And to be honest, if I had playoff tix and some Cubs fans wanted to pay some obnoxious amount to buy those tix from me, I'd do it. For people to be up in arms over this is nuts.

There's no avoiding getting Cubs fans in Miller Park. They're willing to pay the price, and for many north-siders it's as easy, if not easier to get to Miller Park as it is to get to Wrigley Field. But, that doesn't even matter... they went all the way to Atlanta and took over Turner Field, too. It's unavoidable. Accept it, or get aggravated over it. It won't change anything.

There are ways of making sure nit as many Cub fans show up, believe me. The Brewers ticket office just needs to get the kahunas to implement it, no matter how many Brewer fans it might upset. Season ticket holders that sell their tickets to Cubs fans should be and very easily could be severely punished by the Brewers.

Considering that there would be either 3 or 4 home games for the brewers in the NLCS, I believe many season ticket holders will do the following considering the 2- 3x higher price.

Go to 2 of the games
Try to sell the remaining 1 or 2 games to friends/family that are known brewers fans
Sell any remaining tickets on StubHub to the Scrubs Fans

Atleast thats what I would do. So I would think that it would be a little harder for scrubs fans to get tickets, but not much harder.

Edit: To HolyBannana on the movie clip -- I guess thats a good way to sum up the cubs series....you can't blame the pitching & defense to much for getting swept this the series if the offense can't score runs.

There are ways of making sure nit as many Cub fans show up, believe me. The Brewers ticket office just needs to get the kahunas to implement it, no matter how many Brewer fans it might upset. Season ticket holders that sell their tickets to Cubs fans should be and very easily could be severely punished by the Brewers.

You seriously want to "punish" people for who they sell their tix to? Dude, if the Cubs have fans willing to spend silly amounts of money for a ticket how can you stop them?

Whose sitting in the stands isn't going to change how the game is played. The Brewers didn't lose these games because there were Cubs fans in there. Thats a silly notion.

If I had NLCS tix that cost me $100.00 and a Cubs fan offered me $1000.00 per tix, how do you not sell them? Packers and Badger fans do this all the time and it annoys the heck out of other fan bases. Just get used to the fact the Brewers have a smaller following and are going to have issues.

Heck, my friend who is a Cubs fan went to LA and went to a Cubs game while there and couldn't believe it was about 30-40% Cubs fans there too!

People in America love the friggin Cubs. We can't comprehend it but people everywhere love that stupid team. The Cubs have at least 20x more fans than the Brewers. And their fans travel well and they exist in every MLB city and they buy tix.

You won't even notice the Cubs fans in the crowd if you win.

Yup. I went to a Cubs/Brewers game and the Crew actually won it and it was great the look on their faces. They looked bored and frustrated and we laughed at them as told them to enjoy their long car rides home. In fact, it was actually more fun when they were there and we won to make fun of them.

Once someone has the tickets in their hands, they can do anything they want with them. So the Brewers can't do squat if anyone sells their tickets. The brewers could however institute a policy to make it harder to buy tickets to marquee games. They could say that single game tickets for all marquee games are not for sale, and instead say that if you buy a 4-pack, you can get 1 marquee game and 3 regular games. They should still have no problem selling out for the marquee games. However you do reduce the number of cubs fans since fewer would make the effort to buy the tickets in March, thereby forcing more to buy the tickets secondhand of which the supply is hopefully shorter.

There are ways of making sure not as many Cub fans show up, believe me.

Yeah, and I don't think that traffic sign directing northbound cars onto 894 is enough anymore - though it still is wildly amusing to me.

There needs to be some kind of unannounced, emergency road repair from Kenosha to South Milwaukee that closes 2 lanes of traffic.

Community Moderator

There would be 30-50% Cubs fans in attendance for a playoff game in Milwaukee.

Most season ticket holders will likely go, but many will sell, especially since selling 1 game per series can pay for the rest.

Also, for the playoffs, MLB is allotted a significant number of tickets for its corporate sponsors. None of these sponsors have major Milwaukee ties, so of course Cubs fans will fill virtually all of those seats, which number in the thousands.

If the Brewers can get on the board early and shut them up, it wouldn't be a problem. If the Cubs take a lead, the chance of a comeback would be significantly diminished due to the cheering/chanting of the 20,000 or so Cubs fans that would fill our seats.

The brewers could however institute a policy to make it harder to buy tickets to marquee games. They could say that single game tickets for all marquee games are not for sale, and instead say that if you buy a 4-pack, you can get 1 marquee game and 3 regular games. They should still have no problem selling out for the marquee games. However you do reduce the number of cubs fans since fewer would make the effort to buy the tickets in March, thereby forcing more to buy the tickets secondhand of which the supply is hopefully shorter.

I've seen this idea mentioned several times before but I question if that would really solve the problem. If you have to buy a 4 pack to get a ticket to Cubs games, would a lot of these people just sell the other 3 'regular game' tickets and just keep their Cub tickets? Is this also an issue that people would be up in arms about, or is it only a problem when people decide to sell their tickets to Cub fans? Basically is it really that much worse to sell a ticket to a Cubs fan for 3x face value, or to sell a ticket to a Pirates fan for 1.5x face?

Is it actually the practice of selling tickets that people have problems with, or just the fact that it happens more during Cubs games because of the overall number of people willing to spend money to come to Miller Park?

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

There needs to be some kind of unannounced, emergency road repair from Kenosha to South Milwaukee that closes 2 lanes of traffic.

I believe there will be construction on the I-94 either this year or in the next couple of years.

I believe there will be construction on the I-94 either this year or in the next couple of years.

construction, or semi-truck laying on its side blocking all 3 lanes of traffic?

couldn't parking be set at $25 per car, and it's automatically reduced to $8 when the buyer says "Go Crew"? Wouldn't that be Kosh? Or, $17 dollar discount if wearing MB merch? Or 81 game home special... $8 parking for all Wisconsin license plates.

I am sure there is a legal way to punish the fibs financially.

I think Uecker had it right when he said that if the Brewer wanted the cub's fans to stay away from Miller Park, the team needed to find a way to make Miller Park the Cub's own personal house of horrors similar to what PNC is for the Brewers.

Archived