Brewer Fanatic

7/9/2006 Cubs (Rusch) @ Brewers (Davis)1:05 CDT

hawing
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucksman, that post is ridiculous, that's all I have to say. And I'm pretty sure we've only lost 2 of 3 so far to the Cubs, not 3 of 4.

Please enlighten me...what was so ridiculous about it? I think everything I said was true. Truth hurts sometimes.

Brewmann04: (from yesterday's game thread)....

guys i sid all along we are a 500 team no better or worse.

this is life as a BREWER FAN so FRUSTRATING.

WE NEVER SEEMS TO GET OVER THE HUMP.

if we lose Tomorrow it be 2 games Under 500 nd that be very dissapointing

And why shouldn't myself and brewmann04 think they are a .500 team? Can they get over the hump and stay there or do we always see them regress and fall back under? Take off the homer hats and call a spade a spade.

P.S. Last time I checked Ben Sheets was no savior.

Quote:
Unbelievable how many fair-weather fans there are in the IGT's. People twist in the winds of a 162 game season. It's pointless. This is one game, they might win it yet. They're down two freaking runs.

What, you mean the season doesn't end tomorrow?

Seriously though, even if we lose today we're still in the middle of the Wildcard and Division races. We're a young team with a lot of injuries. That's not a good formula for consistancy.

Community Moderator

Last time I checked Ben Sheets was no savior.

How often have you checked?

As far as going to the bullpen goes, would you honestly bet on them actually getting the job done either?

It is kind of sad that we apparently thought the All-Star break started on Friday.

Quote:
Looks like I called it last night.

For the record, I called it on Thursday morning. Then again, dropping 3 of 4 in this one, wasn't really a tough call. This is the BBrewers we're talking about after all.

"Seriously though, even if we lose today we're still in the middle of the Wildcard and Division races. We're a young team with a lot of injuries. That's not a good formula for consistancy. "

No disrespect, but thats exactly the attitude that the Seligs brought to the table and the attitude that we as Brewer fans need to get rid of.

Thats the "well it was good while it lasted" attitude. Or the "Well at least we tried". I dont need that BS. This is baseball and if your in a race and you have some bad fortune, you pay a GM good money to get you the tools you need to succeed. There is ABSOLUTLY no reason for us to accept this. Yes, "even if we lose today we are stiill in the middle of a Wildcard Race" but if we win today we are that much closer to our first playoff appearance in 20 + years. Enough of that hogwash - we have arrived, now its time to act like it.

All week I heard how we didn't need to trade for a SP because our rotation with Sheets and Ohka would stand up against anyone else's in the NL. Has Doug adequately dispelled that myth today?

"Thanks for not even giving us a chance to win Davis."

Ned Too guys - he has a BP with a week off in front of them. He needs to stop worrying about hurting DD feelings and start taking the actions he needs to in order to win.

Anyone who questions neds actions this game need only look at Jenks hitting 3rd in the order.

Quote:
Enough of that hogwash - we have arrived, now its time to act like it.

How have we arrived? After today we will be 2 games under .500 and we will be 10-14 against the worst teams in baseball. If that's having arrived, I hate to see "we're working on it."

Typical Brewers baseball.

If we give Davis anything this off-season, I will be so mad. I want him out of Milwaukee. I've never liked his nibbling on the mound. He has subpar stuff and is no front-end rotation starter. Fill his spot with Jackson, Villanueva, Eveland or any other suitable party. He is garbage. How 'bout a WALK, Doug? It's your favorite 4-letter word!

After the all-star break, buckle up your seatbelts and watch Albert Pujols and the Cards just run away with the division. It won't even be close (at least a 10-15 game margin, they'll have by September's end).

Yost should have taken davis out as soon as he walked the first guy. He was D-U-N. It's not like Bush didn't just pitch 7 innings yesterday. I guess our bullpen must just be that bad if Yost is not confident enough to go to it. Meanwhile we make rusch look like liriano.

To me, Having arrived means that we are in a race. We cant get over that hump of .500. Make a move to help us get over it. Guys, trust me - the other side of the mountain is much greener.

It seems like the Cubs just want it more. Our offense is making Glendon Rusch look like an all-star. I agree with the above poster that we need to add another bat in the line-up. Someone who isn't swinging for the fences in every at-bat. Well, its almost 3:00 and I will be tuning into the futures game to see Gallardo.

what we really need is a real leadoff guy. Just look at how reyes and pierre destroy us with their speed. That, and a consistent bat and some bullpen help. And to realize Dough Davis is not a major league starter on a team that hopes to contend.

Quote:
If we give Davis anything this off-season, I will be so mad. I want him out of Milwaukee.

I'm sure you were saying the same thing after he went 8 2/3 against Cincy last Tuesday.

Take a look at these numbers:

2, 3, 0, 3, 3, 2, 7, 2, 4, 2

What are those? The amount of earned runs DD has given up in his 10 starts prior to today. I'd say that's not too bad for a middle of the rotation starter. I'm not gonna defend DD's performance today, but I will say that it wouldn't have mattered if he pitched a complete game and gave up 3 runs, since we'd still lose.

This is why I didn't want Cappy going to the All-Star game. I'm sure he could've pitched a few innings today on three days rest.

Archived