Brewer Fanatic

Marlins receive LHP Arthur Rhodes from Mariners for prospect Gaby Hernandez

GoudaBrew

Marlins obviously like their chances and seem to be going head first into the race.

new link

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I wonder if the Brewers were in the mix, as they were rumored to be. Hernandez looks like an OK prospect. He's been getting teed off on in AAA this year, but he's only 22 and his track record before that was pretty OK. If nothing else, he looks like he could be a useful reliever down the road. BP rated him the Marlins 5th best prospect before the season, but I'm sure his stock has slipped some.

This prospect doesn't look like he was that much to give up. I'm wondering what the M's would have wanted from the Crew to make that happen. Was Melvin posturing for another trade or what is going on here? Why the talk of getting a lefty reliever and then not seriously pursue one?

Archived