Brewer Fanatic

7/11 7:05 All Star Game Chat

adamb100
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even though it would have been cool, if Lee would've parked one we could pretty much kiss him goodbye after this season. He would get so much attention and the four letter network would start hyping him up like Ortiz, thus driving up his already steep price.

I really feel like crying right now. Just once in my life I wanted to see a Brewer player do something special in an all-star game. The stage was set up so perfectly for Carlos Lee to be a hero. I really thought this would be the year.

Why can't a Brewer ever steal the spotlight for once?

Quote:
Cappy should have been up there to close the game up.

I know seeing Cappy there would have been kinda fun, but c'mon now. Hoffman has what, the second or third most saves all time? You gotta go with him there.

If Nomar should have hit for anyone it should have been Howard. The way Rivera owns lefties (.188 BA this season) combined with the fact Nomar can play first and has seen Rivera many, many times (unless Nomar is just awful against Rivera, which I didn't look up) would tell you he's a better bet than Howard to do something.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

You can't fault Garner for sticking with Bay in his home park, but giving Holliday 3 ABs and Andruw Jones zero is criminal. As little actual 'managing' as there is to be done in an all-star game, Garner still gets an F for the night, for the mishandling of his bats off the bench.

Can't argue with Hoffman to close though, especially if the other choices were Turnbow and Gordon.

I don't know how many arms he had left in the bullpen, but couldn't he at least have used Capuano as a situational lefty for one batter or something? Maybe he was saving him for extra innings, I guess.

Also, publicly saying he wasn't using signs was kind of like saying "yeah, I'm just letting these guys do whatever the heck they want." Didn't seem like a great strategy.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

"You can't? I thought the game counted, and the old rules didn't apply, anymore."

Hey, I like Andruw Jones, but he wasn't going to replace both Bay and Holliday at the same time. These guys are both good young hitters, but I think you can flip a coin between them. Given that the game was played in Pittsburgh, you give the nod to Bay to stay in, and replace Holliday with Jones.

I'm not saying this definitively cost the NL the ballgame, but how do you have Jones on your roster and not get him into the game? Especially in the late innings, protecting a one-run lead?

Archived