Brewer Fanatic

7/11 7:05 All Star Game Chat

adamb100

http://www.zwpatch.com/images/sports/american_league_mlb_logo.jpg

-VS-

http://www.popgoesamerica.com/images/logos/mlb_na_logo.jpg

At PNC Park, Pittsburgh. Game is set for 7:05PM on FOX.

Lets see some Brewers in this

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Lee will definitely get at least one at-bat based on his performance in the first half. Also, Capuano is sure to pitch since there are only a few rested pitchers for the NL. As for Turnbow, I personally wouldn't pitch him, and I don't think Scrap Iron will either.

Well, the National League kicked the crap out of the American League in the Homerun Derby last night, so I hope that is a positive sign.

Plus, we'd better win tonight, because I'd rather see four Fall Classic games in Milwaukee than only three.

Quote:
You don't suppose the curse of the Wilson's is in effect for Brewer players tonight?

I'd sure hope not, but then again this is PNC and that may conjure up bad mojo as is.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

MLB-American MLB-National ------------ ------------ Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- RF Suzuki, Ichiro 0 0 .000 LF Soriano, Alfonso 0 0 .000 SS Jeter, Derek 0 0 .000 CF Beltran, Carlos 0 0 .000 1B Ortiz, David 0 0 .000 1B Pujols, Albert 0 0 .000 3B Rodriguez, Alex 0 0 .000 RF Bay, Jason 0 0 .000 LF Guerrero, Vladimir 0 0 .000 SS Renteria, Edgar 0 0 .000 C Rodriguez, Ivan 0 0 .000 3B Wright, David 0 0 .000 CF Wells, Vernon 0 0 .000 2B Utley, Chase 0 0 .000 2B Loretta, Mark 0 0 .000 C Lo Duca, Paul 0 0 .000 P Rogers, Kenny (0-0, 0.00) P Penny, Brad (0-0, 0.00) 

Quote:
Is there a dumber human being on the planet than John Kruk?

Hey now he's a baseball analyst for a major sports network. You're telling me they hire idoits? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

What did he say now?

Quote:
What did he say now?

He went on some ramblefest about how David Wright is "arguably the best player" on the team with the best record in the NL, so he should be the MVP over Pujols.

That's fine, though, because a few seconds later, Harold Reynolds said that Prince should be the NL Rookie of the Year because he was expected to do well and he has. Reynolds then said that Jonathan Papelbon should win the AL ROY because he's on the best team.

Oh, and Steve Phillips can't be left out, either, because he claimed that Johan Santana should win the AL Cy Young, even though he's not even the best left-handed pitcher on his own team.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I can't believe Paul LoDuca starts in MLB, let alone on an All-Star team.

And, Carlos Beltran is the Mets MVP. He's having a flat-out amazing season. Factoring in defense, Wright's at least a win worse than Beltran (though he is a great player, just not as great all-around).

Was it just me, or during that commerical with Joe Buck, those guys who touch his throat call him "Mr. Baseball?" Is anyone else extremely ticked off about this? If Joe Buck is Mr. Baseball, then maybe we all should find a new sport to follow.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
OK, Vlad just hit a ball at his eyeballs for an opposite field dinger. Wow.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The fact they used Fuentes almost ensures Cappy won't pitch unless this goes extras.

Carlos will probably PH, and Garner is probably going to pitch DBow one of the next two innings if the NL keeps the lead.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived