Brewer Fanatic

7/31/08 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, most of you guys seem to have jumped off the ledge already.

Remember, this team is still in great shape for the wild card spot, and when October hits, ANYTHING can happen.

When the Cards won the WS a couple years ago, they had TWO 10-game losing streaks during the regular season.

Season is far from over. Remember, Harden is due for an injury any week/game/pitch.

Am I being an old fashioned Brewer fan when I start remodeling the team in my head for next year? That's pretty much what this series has led me to do. Three regulars hitting under .230 and a catcher that will them before the season is over. A big name bullpen who does very little. And a manager who calls for back to back hit and run attempts with a pitcher at the plate.

Just remember, we're following the model of the A's and Twins--I hope.

It's been a rough week. Even so, we've made the commitment, and we're going for it, and why not? They're 11 over .500 and in the thick of the WC race. Heck, we've got 6 more against the Cubs and we went 4-2 against them before this week. This isn't over by any stretch. Calendar says July.

Jason Bay to the Rays.

Where did you hear this?

It's everywhere (including mlb.com).

Kind of off topic, but Manny is now rumored to go to the Dodgers for Ethier (or maybe Kemp). Imagine an outfield of Manny, Jones, and Pierre. That's just funny.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

The Brewers have no chance to beat a quitting Braves team if they can't even beat the second best team in the Majors! Nevermind the fact that they gained ground in July and spend most of August playing the Nationals, Pirates, Reds and Astros -- the season is over!

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

The Brewers have no chance to beat a quitting Braves team if they can't even beat the second best team in the Majors! Nevermind the fact that they gained ground in July and spend most of August playing the Nationals, Pirates, Reds and Astros -- the season is over!

Ha. Thank you for that. Go crew---I still believe!

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

For the past two months, there was optimism surrounding the 10 remaining games against the Cubs to make up ground on them

That optimism couldn't be further from reality at this point. There's laying an egg and then there's this - just flat out demoralizing. Honestly, I will have all kinds of respect for Yost and his coaching staff if they are able to head to Atlanta and start playing great again - I think it'll be much tougher to get this team focused on games at hand than anything else after this debacle.

I'm sure it really is harder on the fans, but it's got to creep in the players' minds, too.

While this series has been enormously dissapointing, there is no reason to jump off the ledge quite yet. Give it a few weeks. Hang there on the edge. Let the team talk us away from the edge and then we can do something productive.

Calendar says July but the uniforms say Brewers and yost is still sitting in the dugout. Nothing ever changes with this team. One step forward with the St Louis sweep and two steps back losing 6 of 7 on the homestand.

I was never a Yost fan, but I didn't think he was really a poor manager and I thought the Brewers could still win a WS with him.

But his patience/stubborness has just become too much for me. Weeks STILL at the top of the lineup?!?!?!? Let this guy develop somewhere else, somewhere where he'll be under no pressure of a playoff race. Here is not the place (especially with a .290 hitter sitting behind him).

Yeah, righton crazy, it sucks right now, but the Brewers can bounce back from this. BTW, you might want to change that Free Luis Pena sig based on his last few outings.

Calendar says July but the uniforms say Brewers and yost is still sitting in the dugout. Nothing ever changes with this team. One step forward with the St Louis sweep and two steps back losing 6 of 7 on the homestand.

Actually that's 8 steps forward and 6 steps back, but thanks for playing. Last time I checked, that math comes to + 2 games. Never heard a peep from you about Yost during the 7-0 roadtrip.

The Brewers looked bad before this series, though. They played lousy vs. the Stros and really were fortunate to win as many in STL as they did. Lots of guys stranded. Without the late heroics, we are really sinking fast. We don't belong in the same park with the Cubs right now. That could change, of course, but there is reason to be very concerned beyond getting swept at home by the Cubs. We mortgaged some of our future for this year, and are likely facing some major off-season losses. Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Archived