Brewer Fanatic

7/31/08 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 CDT

wibadgers23
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
What can they get for Sheets and Sabathia in the next 45 minutes?

That was pretty funny, JB.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you seriously think it means the end of the season, though, phxMILWfan? Come now. It's a real hit to our division chances but not fatal, and we're right in the thick of things for the wild card. Come on.

That said, this series gas been an absolute farce: Brewers can do no right, Cubs can do no wrong. All I can do is laugh bitterly at this point.

I'm pretty much resigned to the Brewers losing this game and getting swept out of their own park by the team they've been chirping about making nervous whenever they play them - I just hope this doesn't lead to a brutal stretch in August against teams that are just waiting to lie down and get pummeled...

Atlanta's thrown in the towel, Cincy's trading pieces away, the nationals and padres are just plain bad - gotta have a good stretch against these teams.

oh, and if it hasn't already been decided to this point in the season, I think it's fair to say that Cameron's option shouldn't be picked up - I know he's a streaky hitter and all, but he's on the downside of his career, and the hot streaks really seem to be thinning out compared to streaks when he doesn't touch the ball.

Baseball is like Texas Hold 'Em poker....you've got to to be able to handle the swings

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Am I being an old fashioned Brewer fan when I start remodeling the team in my head for next year? That's pretty much what this series has led me to do. Three regulars hitting under .230 and a catcher that will join them before the season is over. A big name bullpen who does very little. And a manager who calls for back to back hit and run attempts with a pitcher at the plate.

Just remember, we're following the model of the A's and Twins--I hope.

Archived