Brewer Fanatic

7/31/08 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 CDT

wibadgers23

As the manager, does he say anything when they are waving at balls that are head high or in the opposite batter's box? Publicly he says nothing and talks about how great the other pitchers are. I also witnessed Skaalen talking about how they don't follow game plans. If Ned is actually leading them, he would have to challenge them on those actions. I'm not sure he does and if so, it doesn't seem to make much difference.

There ware at bats this series so far where Braun struck out when NONE of the pitches were close to the strike zone. If you're right then Braun is in complete rebellion. That would condemn Yost as well.

Formerly AKA Pete

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about a modest goal today? give the fans something to cheer about.

the crowd composition is one matter (what a depressing, embarrassing scene last night - man i need a support group because now i've got the empathy)... but the crowd for the past 2 nights has not had a modicum of one iota of an opportunity to cheer about anything.

the crowd gets established from the get-go and just rolls.

Yo Adrian!

As the manager, does he say anything when they are waving at balls that are head high or in the opposite batter's box? Publicly he says nothing and talks about how great the other pitchers are. I also witnessed Skaalen talking about how they don't follow game plans. If Ned is actually leading them, he would have to challenge them on those actions. I'm not sure he does and if so, it doesn't seem to make much difference.

There ware at bats this series so far where Braun struck out when NONE of the pitches were close to the strike zone. If you're right then Braun is in complete rebellion. That would condemn Yost as well.

It's not rebellion it's lack of self discipline. You honestly don't think they talk to these guys over and over about these things? If so, yeah, I can see you blaming the manager. The fact that he doesn't publicly call out players, makes him a good manager in my opinion. I don't see what good that stuff does.

Has Yost seen Harden's changeup? Rickie Weeks has many holes but he is completely clueless on a change, and Harden has one of the best in the game. I'm guessing a career high in K's for Harden, but maybe we can keep it close because he will be gone after 5 or 6.

Hmm, the no contact Brewers offense going against Harden, while one of the best hitting teams in the NL going against Bush. I guess we got to dream about the post season for a good week this summer.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Harden is dominate against everyone, but lefties fare a little bit better against him.

Weeks shouldn't even start this game. Last night would have been a way better matchup for him. But if you do start him, why not shake it up and drop him lower and let Counsell lead off?

We're fighting an uphill battle as it is, so Yost doesn't put out his best lineup against that pitcher? I don't get it.

Durham probably can't play today...TH mentioned in a blog the other day that Bochy felt he was at his best not playing everyday. He's been out there 2 days in a row, plus he got hurt a little Tuesday. It's also a day game following a night game. The only other option would be starting 3TO at 3rd and moving Counsell to 2nd.

It's funny, I was just talking to someone about switching Fielder & Braun around. That 9th inning garbage HR was the first decent pitch Fielder has seen since San Fran. Hart hasn't been protecting him. Maybe against RH pitchers, they should move Braun back to protect Fielder and keep it the other way versus lefties.

Archived