Brewer Fanatic

7/31/08 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This blows. In no way is the season over, but this team needs to sack up and play with some swagger. It may seem small, but I liked the fire they showed in the ninth albeit it was only three runs and a couple ejections. That could be a start though(or just me trying to rationalize this butt-kicking we received).

I didn't catch all of it, but one part I remember him saying was that the thing the players felt the worst about was turning the series into a 4-day party in Miller Park for Cubs fans.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Dang.. lost my reply because I wasn't logged in. Here it goes again.

I had a GREAT day if I can simply ignore the fact we tanked.

Buddy and I decide to catch the game and blow off work. We stop at the bluemound establishments were we attempt to get tickets, but they are way over our head. Around 1 we head in, no luck but we randomly run into our friend Erin. Finally around 15 after, Scalpers drop their prices from 50 over to 5 over (Who's gonna pay 65 for TR.. seriously). So we get in. After the 3rd inning, Erin calls us. Their company has extra tickets in 124 row 6, we are supposed to meet her. So we head there,.. GREAT seats. Surrounded by Cub fans, but since it cost them probably 100 a shot. They aren't the jerks... except Row 1 guy with the big sign acting the cool.

Around the 7th inning when we are hopeless, Erin gets a call to head up tot he press box. There we meet Steve "The Donkey" Czaben (He was sweaty), then Trenni (Yes.. her in her glory.. I didn't come off TOO much a fan boy ) and finally Drew Olsen. Everyone was rad. Our attempt at getting free tickets to BnB open failed, Steve wasn't to hip to our repor.

Head back down, this time people are sneaking into seats. It's tolerable, not to bad. We get crushed and head to the bar. There we meet Aaron and Lisa cub fan. Pretty cool people. They talked about some ***** Brewer fans, we talk about some ***** Cub fans (I got called.. well unrepeatable for just going to the bathroom. Stay classy!). And finally head home.

I had a great day.. minus the horrible.. horrible loss.

Archived