Brewer Fanatic

7/31/08 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it's not so much jumping ship on the season, but realizing that along with the Cardinals, there are going to be two other teams in the NL east to battle with fora playoff birth - getting off to the great start after the ASB put the Brewers in position to really set themselves up well and stay more than a series' worth of games away from any wild card competition. Instead, it appears they're going to have a 1-6 homestand, lose the wild card lead, and be amongst 3 other teams scratching for 1 playoff spot down the stretch.

back to the game - it stinks that bush gave up those 2 taters to Edmunds, but in all honesty he's pitched very well aside from the 4th inning...that 2-out HBP to Derosa on an 0-2 count was huge.....

....and as I write this, Bush gives up a tater to Soriano - ugh, nevermind

If the Brewers had gone 2-2 against the Cardinals and 2-2 against the Cubs, would so many people be jumping ship? They'd still be in the same position that they are right now. There's still plenty of season left to play.

Just because this makes sense doesn't make the situation any better. For the record, it is a great way of looking at it.

One-third of the season left to play actually. One-third. It's all that's keeping me afloat. Hitting rock bottom is not a weekend retreat.

The difference between them sweeping us at MP and us sweeping the Cards at Busch is that they've absolutely punched us in the mouth. The Crew pulled off late inning theatrics to squeak by in St. Louis. Cubs came to play and the Brewers look limp.

God, they just played WGN radio's call of the Edmonds granny on a KNBR sports update just now...I absolutely despise the sound of Ron Santo's celebratory "non-verbals"

Boy wish we had a leadoff hitter like those Cubbies.

But Soriano isn't a typical lead off hitter. I understand his value may be even greater if he hit lower in the lineup, but having the ability to flip doubles and HR's out of that lead off spot is nothing to be angry about.

Boy wish we had a leadoff hitter like those Cubbies.

But Soriano isn't a typical lead off hitter. I understand his value may be even greater if he hit lower in the lineup, but having the ability to flip doubles and HR's out of that lead off spot is nothing to be angry about.

And steal bases and walk.

After last nights hit and run with the catcher doing the running and the pitcher doing the hitting and then today starting Kendall (not to mention leaving 2 left-handed bats out of the starting line-up in Branyan and Durham) I am going to make my first fire Ned Yost post. I simply cannot take his stupidity and and just plain arrogant stubborness any longer. If we are really going for it, its not any other player moves that we need to make - its getting rid of him. He had this team playing scared the final 3 games of this series. We will never win in the post-season with him at the helm (even if we were ever lucky enough to make it there). I never thought I would be so anxious for the team to go on a road trip

Silver Lining : David Riske has had a STELLAR month of July. 1.69 ERA. A few to many walks, but they haven't been scoring.

Well there was the game last Friday when he came in for Parra, gave up a hit and an walk, allowed 2 inherited runners to score and coughed up the lead. Kinda like what he did just now.

Silver Lining : David Riske has had a STELLAR month of July. 1.69 ERA. A few to many walks, but they haven't been scoring.

Well there was the game last Friday when he came in for Parra, gave up a hit and an walk, allowed 2 inherited runners to score and coughed up the lead. Kinda like what he did just now.

It never fails I guess.

I was looking at Cameron's stats, and holy cow. He struck out 40 times in May O.o

EDIT : Are you kidding me? Right when I praise Riske...

Archived