Brewer Fanatic

7/31/08 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tap him on the shoulder, Ned. He just gave the other team an out when his team is down by four runs because he thought it was a good time to do something cute.

But just tap him on the shoulder. He probably needs a hug, too.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

The Brewers looked bad before this series, though. They played lousy vs. the Stros and really were fortunate to win as many in STL as they did. Lots of guys stranded. Without the late heroics, we are really sinking fast. We don't belong in the same park with the Cubs right now. That could change, of course, but there is reason to be very concerned beyond getting swept at home by the Cubs. We mortgaged some of our future for this year, and are likely facing some major off-season losses. Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

No we did not. We traded one top prospect who was blocked and kept other guys in the minors who can play his spot.

Remember the game against the Cubs when the Brewers were up 5-0 but the Cubs won on a 2 out 3-run HR by Aramis Ramirez off Cordero last year?

Boy would it be sweet to repay them. Just get another run this inning, force the Cubs bullpen into a save situation...they're minus Wood, so anything can happen. Maybe a walkoff against prized rookie Samardzjsildfsia?

Sure wouldn't mind an inspiring comeback here but I shan't hold my breath.

Thats a good call. You would give David Blane a run for his money if you tried that http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Just tap him on the shoulder, Ned. He just gave the other team an out when his team is down by four runs because he thought it was a good time to do something cute.

But just tap him on the shoulder. He probably needs a hug, too.

It wasn't Braunie's fault. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the other team.....

The Brewers have five solo home runs in this series and are 0-for-the-series with runners in scoring position. They haven't had a lot go right this series, which was just the opposite last week. If the Brewers had gone 2-2 against the Cardinals and 2-2 against the Cubs, would so many people be jumping ship? They'd still be in the same position that they are right now. There's still plenty of season left to play.

It wasn't Braunie's fault. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the other team.....

Yeah, because I want my home run leader trying to drop a bunt when the team is down by four runs and in need of a rally.

Anderson: "Jason Kendall doesn't swing and miss very much."

Um, BA, have you watched the team play this month? He has as many Ks this month as he had in May and June combined.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

That was the definition of this series. runner on 2nd and a 3-1 count on Cam. He swings at ball four and flies out. Instead of takign the walk and getting Harden pulled, he tries to be the man and hit it out. Then Kendall strikes out and it's on to the 8th.

It's time for these guys to regroup on the plane to Atlanta and get back to winning. We need something to go right....

Playing Kendell today was the stupidest idea ever. Everyone on the planet could tell he needed a day off after last night. I would say that I am surprised Ned didn't see that, but then again Yost is a moron so I shouldn't be surprised by anything.

Yeah, because I want my home run leader trying to drop a bunt when the team is down by four runs and in need of a rally.

Anderson: "Jason Kendall doesn't swing and miss very much."

Um, BA, have you watched the team play this month? He has as many Ks this month as he had in May and June combined.

I should have made my comment in blue.....

Playing Kendell today was the stupidest idea ever. Everyone on the planet could tell her needed a day off after last night. I would say that I am surprised Ned didn't see that, but then again Yost is a moron so I shouldn't be surprised by anything.

Agreed. I was shocked to see his name in the lineup today--well, as shocked as I can be with Nedley at the helm.

Archived