Brewer Fanatic

7/14/06 - Brewers (Davis) @ Diamonbacks (Batista) 8:40 PM CT

bullox
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Huh?

He was 7-1 with a 1.74 ERA and had 39 saves in 43 opportunities. If that's "OK" I don't know if MLB's ever seen "great."

I looked at other metrics that warned of some problems. His "left on base %" was 88%. That's unsustainable.

LINK

Wow...I fall asleep watching the game with a kind of happy in the lead feeling and wake up to all of this. At the very least the discussion in the thread was interesting. I'm still sorting out what is symptomatic of the team and what is just what happens in 1 game out of a 162 game season.

Hopefully Sheeter and Ohka get back so that Villanueva and company can help in the pen.

Carlos is pitching in Nashville. Adding Sheets and Ohka will mean they need to make room on the roster so I doubt a call-up will be in order. I hope we don't see Villanueva until Sept. at the soonest because our pen is pitching well.

The only solid hitter is Lee and that's because he is stubborn and will not listen to Wynegar at all.

You know this for a fact?

That must be the 1000 time I have read the Sheets / Ohka are coming back line. Sure hope they don't disappoint anyone. That line has been inserted into almost every subject for the last couple of weeks.

I suppose you don't see the significance of a team getting back their #1 and #4 starting pitchers within a week of each other? Regardless, it will be like spring traning for both again, so I think most fans aren't expected them to be at 100% right away. Still, the bar isn't exactly set very high for them to do better than their replacements.

As for people outside of Wisconsin caring about the Brewers, who gives a crap. Why the hell should I care who a guy in Ohio thinks about the Brewers? I shouldn't. Why should they Brewers care if other teams take them lightly? It could only be an advantage if they do anyway. It's like your own self worth is tied into the successes and failures of a baseball team and you make everyone else at bf.net suffer when they do you wrong.

Time to take a step away from your Brewer bobblehead collection and get some perspective.

Archived