Brewer Fanatic

7/14/06 - Brewers (Davis) @ Diamonbacks (Batista) 8:40 PM CT

bullox

Milwaukee (44-46) at D-Backs (43-45), Friday, 8:40 p.m. CT

I don't know about you guys, but I'm thirsty for some Brew Crew baseball.

straight from MLB.com:

Pitching matchup

MIL: LHP Doug Davis (5-5, 4.95)

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150277.jpg

Davis has a 7.02 ERA in eight road starts this season (32 earned runs over 41 innings).

ARI: RHP Miguel Batista (8-5, 5.01)

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_110683.jpg

Opponents are hitting .352 against Batista at Chase Field.

Player to watch

Bill Hall needs to get back on track after striking out 24 times in his final 57 at-bats of the first half. Arizona might be the place to do it. Hall is a career .381 hitter at Chase Field (8-for-21) and a career .333 hitter against the Diamondbacks (11-for-33, one home run). He has never faced Batista.

On television

? FSN North

On radio

? WTMJ-AM 620

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should think this series will tell a lot about the shape of the Brewers. The Dbacks are a below average team in a weak divsion who have played very bad baseball for three weeks heading into the break. No offense, mental mistakes on the field, and a bad bullpen. They have shown a lackluster attitude, and basically blamed it on the steriod scandal in their clubhouse.

The Brewers should sweep a team like this in their current state, if they have any idea of competing for the wildcard spot.

I'm back in the Midwest and can finally catch a game live! TV *or* radio! IGT *and/or* chat room! This alone has me pumped.

Obviously I'd rather see a July 4 type Sharpie outing than a July 9 type. C'mon, Brewers. Don't let down our southwest posters.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Dbacks are a below average team in a weak divsion who have played very bad baseball for three weeks heading into the break.

Overall, they have been about as good as the Brewers on paper:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7391/569/1600/win%20prob714.gif

The Brewers should sweep a team like this in their current state

While Arizona had a horrible June, they earned a sweep in two of the last three series before the all-star break, so I can't believe that they've completely fallen apart. No matter the circumstances, no team "should" sweep any mlb team, especially when they are the one on the road. 2 out of 3 would be perfectly fine.

Can we please get through 1 game and/series without labeling it as some kind of "must win"? If the Brewers don't sweep Arizona, they are not eliminated from playoff contention.

I believe the Diamondbacks just got done with sweeping the Rockies, so they aren't playing putrid baseball. As an AZ Brewer fan, this is only me 2nd opportunity to attend a Brewers game, so if you see a 6'7" guy in a Brewers Ball and Glove hat, that would be me! On my way home from work, the local AM radio guys were pondering about trading for Lee. Don't they have some good rookie outfielders about to come up the pipe? Sometimes radio talk people don't make much sense to me.

A huge roadtrip against contenders starting up. I know some of you think i'm probably making too much of this, but I really think this trip decides which way this team is going for the rest of the year (pennant race or wait till next year).

Milwaukee Arizona --------- ------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 8 31 .275 SS Counsell, Craig 3 27 .276 3B Cirillo, Jeff 2 11 .333 CF Byrnes, Eric 12 34 .292 RF Jenkins, Geoff 8 50 .264 3B Tracy, Chad 13 52 .277 LF Lee, Carlos 26 73 .290 1B Jackson, Conor 6 43 .272 1B Fielder, Prince 16 46 .265 LF Gonzalez, Luis 7 38 .259 SS Hall, Bill 17 41 .263 C Estrada, Johnny 6 45 .315 C Miller, Damian 5 28 .273 RF Green, Shawn 8 38 .305 CF Clark, Brady 2 17 .274 2B Hudson, Orlando 8 34 .261 P Davis, Doug (5-6, 4.95) P Batista, Miguel (8-5, 5.01)

Quote:
Interesting decision to throw Davis instead of Cappy out of the break. Given that it keeps DD on four days rest, and allows the Crew to match Cappy against their ace, I like it.

I don't like it. I see the Brewers striking out 12 times and only hitting 2 FB outs to the outfielders on their way to getting shut out on Saturday. Why use your Ace for that game?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived