Brewer Fanatic

7/30/08 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray Durham indeed is in the Brewers' lineup tonight, despite the bruised shin he suffered last night when fouling a pitch off it. That should tell you a lot about the future playing time of Rickie Weeks, no matter what Ned Yost said yesterday.

Here's the lineup:

2B Ray Durham

SS J.J. Hardy

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

RF Corey Hart

3B Bill Hall

CF Mike Cameron

C Jason Kendall

LHP Manny Parra

Stevo[/b]]What a dumb lineup. Hall against a righty, and Yost also benching Weeks for one play despite his best stretch of the season.

I think sitting Weeks is the right move. He looked horrible Monday against a guy he usually hits pretty well against, and last night was probably his worst at-bat of the season, which is really saying something.

Yost sat him when he looked really good last Thursday and Saturday, which was really stupid, and now he looks like crap again.

Edit: But yeah, I agree with you 100% on Hall getting the start. Outside of a few homeruns and bloop singles in the last week, he has looked hideous up there.

Getting ready to head out to the park thanks to a very unfortunate turn of events for a fellow BFneter and really pleading for at least a good showing tonight if not a win. I just don't want to deal with sCrub fans if they put a licking on us again tonight. Thinking of wearing my auto'd Zach Jack Sounds jersey just to remind Manny that it's been just over 13 months since his perfect game.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

But yeah, I agree with you 100% on Hall getting the start. Outside of a few homeruns and bloop singles in the last week, he has looked hideous up there.

Unfortunately, so has Russell. Here's to a couple big innings at the start of this one, my liver needs a break. as does my heart, and my dog , and my wife, and my kids ,the neighbors, the old lady across the street ....http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Question: Were the Cubs the only team to send players to the All-Star Game?

Answer: Duh. No.

Follow-up question: Then why did Steve Phillips just excuse the Cubs' slow start in the second half because they were tired from the All-Star Game?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

okay, I'm in Arizona and Directv channel 642 has nothing but black screen for pre-game. I shouldn't be blacked out from pre-game or the game, correct?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I was taunted by a Cubs fan today on the way home from work as I had my Brewers hat on. Awesome.

Just more reason for me to root hard for the 'crew tonight to get off the mat and lay into Dempster.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Bill Hall in the lineup against Dempster?

Yeah, that'll end well.

Yeah no kidding, what cause Branyan didn't get a hit yesterday Yost goes with Hall against a RHP today? Branyan did walk, score our ONLY run and hit that HR Monday. How does Ned ever expect Russ to go on another HR binge if he only plays him against RHP sometimes?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived