Brewer Fanatic

7/30/08 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why in the world would they have Marmol warming up?

Because Piniella is just as dumb as Ned when it comes to bullpen management.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the JV lineup out there tomorrow afternoon. A lot of guys need the mental break heading into the road trip.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think the Brewers will win tomorrow, only because it's the sole game of the series that they have the clear disadvantage going in. It would just make too much sense to not happen.

They just asked Soriano on the Cubs Comcast feed: "Are you surprised to see the Brewers cracking under pressure?"

Does your mother love you?

The brewers are not a very good offensive team. It's true they are 3rd in slugging, but they are middle of the pack or lower in batting average, on base average, runs scored. There's not a lot they do particularly well with the bat...

The brewers are not a very good offensive team. It's true they are 3rd in slugging, but they are middle of the pack or lower in batting average, on base average, runs scored. There's not a lot they do particularly well with the bat...

In the end, all that matters is runs/game:

NL average 4.52 runs/game

Brewers: 4.66 runs/game

Nothing to get excited about but not exactly a weakness either.

This team is breaking my heart. I'm done following the Brewers for at least a week. I'll check back in here next Wednesday. Hopefully good things happen between now and then.

If it were mid-September they'd be breaking my heart. As it stands, this is a pretty brutal stretch, but they've come a long way already and there's still two months and 6 head-to-heads with the Cubs after this series. I have no doubt they can still make a run for the division no matter what happens tomorrow, and at the least there's the Wild Card.

In the end, all that matters is runs/game:

NL average 4.52 runs/game

Brewers: 4.66 runs/game

Nothing to get excited about but not exactly a weakness either.

Right. So they are roughly an average offense team, 8th in the league in runs scored. I think we can all admit we expected the offense to be better, one of the best in the league. I still think the Brewers are a very good team, but this series has exposed weaknesses that have lingered all year. I have thought all year they were an even match for the Cubs, maybe even better. But this week the Cubs look like a much better, more solid team. You can't blame these losses on Ned; the Brewers put their best against the Cubs' best and have been whupped.

This has been a very discouraging week to say the least. Brauny 3 for 11 with 6K's, Corey 3 for 12 with 6K's and Hardy 1 for 12 with 4k's. Brauny has really only hit one ball hard and that was his home run, everything else very weak. Corey has hit 4 or 5 on the nose, but has really looked like he was pressing on these and the K's. Hardy has just looked completely lost.

And even though Prince is 5 for 9 his swing is ugly. I have always thought that he had one the sweetest swings in the game, but it appears to me anyway that he is trying to match Braun. Every cut it looks like he is swinging for the fence. The swing is definitely not fluid. I'm afraid he is going to go down on every cut he takes.

And lastly, this series reminds me of the Boston series we look like a bunch of AAAA players in awn of the Cubs. They showed Corey, Ryan, & JJ after the game last night in the dug out and they looked beat. Usually after a loss they give the appearance of that was just one game and tomorrow is another day, but not in this series.

Archived