Brewer Fanatic

7/30/08 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are down 5-1 in the top of the 9th. CV and Riske have already been used.....I don't think using Shouse here is really a big deal....the game is over.

Save the rest of the Bullpen for tomorrow....we will need it I'm sure.

Yost is a very reactionary manager. He does not anticipate what 'could happen' rather he sees what does happen and is basically forced to react. Case in point...leaving Sheets in to get rocked yesterday for a string of 50 hits in a row...a few games back allowing Suppan to throw beyond what he should have because he was 'one pitch away" from ending the inning...and now Shouse getting rocked and throwing wildly. Allowing him to stay in for a slew of righties and walk in one of them. This team won't win jack with him as manager.

I couldn't stand the FSN audio anymore so I turned it to the ESPN feed for a while, big mistake. Sutcliffe is unbearable.

Judging by their crowd scans it looks like there are 1000 Brewers fans left in the park. What an embarrassment for the team, the organization, and the fans.

The 'Let's go Cubbies" chants are getting louder and louder. It was nice to see Mark Attanasio make the trip east to watch his ballclub lay 3 eggs with a possible 4th to come tomorrow. I wonder what he is thinking...

The 'Let's go Cubbies" chants are getting louder and louder. It was nice to see Mark Attanasio make the trip east to watch his ballclub lay 3 eggs with a possible 4th to come tomorrow. I wonder what he is thinking...

"Thanks for the extra cash, Chicago"?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

How many more trades do you expect Melvin to make? lol

.We just faced the best team in the National League and they kicked our asses.

I doubt Melvin could make any reasonable trade that could change the fact that the Cubs are just better.

We can still make the playoffs but this team is going to have to put this series behind them and start beating the teams they should beat again.

SeriesFinale wrote:

Judging by their crowd scans it looks like there are 1000 Brewers fans left in the park. What an embarrassment for the team, the organization, and the fans.

You've obviously never been in Wrigley when the Cubs are down big. It's just as bad - and they are supposedly "the best fans in baseball" according to some.

Ha! Probably. Helping to fund our CC sweepstakes drive after the season ends.

Yeah, with seven straight sell-outs before this series, that's what he's thinking. It's not 2003 anymore, I'm sick of the lame "they're spending their money!" moral victory.

My initial response should've been in blue -- I agree that the moral victory of filling the ballpark doesn't apply anymore when they're making a legitimate push for 3 million fans this year. And I'll agree with everyone who's been saying this wouldn't be nearly as bad if there weren't 20,000 Cubs fans there acting like they just won the NLCS.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

How many more trades do you expect Melvin to make? lol

.We just faced the best team in the National League and they kicked our asses.

I doubt Melvin could make any reasonable trade that could change the fact that the Cubs are just better.

We can still make the playoffs but this team is going to have to put this series behind them and start beating the teams they should beat again.

I was more making an observation than hoping for any type of saviour. I think we may see Rhodes or Guardado in uniform for the Brewers on Friday night. I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing. Couldn't hurt to bring in another bullpen arm.

The ultimate capper here would be Prince taking an HBP off the back of his left hand. Then, as teh X-ray is analyzed, all day tomorrow fans in Wisconsin would wait by their radios in anticipation of new about . . . Brett Favre

Archived