Brewer Fanatic

7/30/08 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45

Nope..runner was on first.

Opps. My mistake.

But laying an Egg in the biggest series of they year and looking like a Double A team while your doing it doesn't really help our confidence.

I'm not saying you guys should be happy! Like I'm enjoying this. This sucks! I just would like to think that the average poster at Brewerfan.net is above saying "season over" when the Brewers are tied for the wild card. That's what those other fans do, right?

As for the offense being "built wrong", all I know if that they've scored more runs than an average offense this year. Their brand of offense may be ugly to watch sometimes but it's winning them games, so I'll take it.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think teh season is over, but I am concerned that many of the things I have been concerned about in terms of sustainability over 162 are starting to reaer their ugly heads again. Have to wonder if the fact they seem to regularly emerge when the comeptition is better is just a conicidence.

And obnoxious, smart-alecky comments are part of my coping mechanism.

Nope..runner was on first.

Opps. My mistake.

But laying an Egg in the biggest series of they year and looking like a Double A team while your doing it doesn't really help our confidence.

I'm not saying you guys should be happy! Like I'm enjoying this. This sucks! I just would like to think that the average poster at Brewerfan.net is above saying "season over" when the Brewers are tied for the wild card. That's what those other fans do, right?

True. Remember, Russ, a pessimist is never disappointed.

Some of us still believe. Not hope, believe.

I mean, if (and it's a big if) we win tomorrow, that's 6-5 over the last 11. Who would have been heartbroken with 6-5 against the Cards, Stros and Cubs? Not many, yet the ledge is mighty crowded at the moment...

Really the only questions you need to ask yourself as a Brewers fan right now is: #1 Are the Brewers still capable of making the playoffs? #2 If the Brewers make the playoffs, can they get hot enough to make a run to the World Series?

I would still answer yes to both of those questions even if the Brewers get swept by the Cubs.

Look at the Rockies last year. Do you think last year at this time fans of the Rockies thought they would make it to the World Series?

Just trying to provide an optimistic outlook besides saying "hey, there is plenty of baseball left".

If anyone wants to say that the Brewers have a lot of deficiencies, you will get no disagreement from me. Great starting rotation. Decent but not great offense (with obvious flaws), and a below average defense and bullpen.

It's not like they are some 100 win team. They are right around a 90 win team, right on the cusp of a playoff birth. There's plenty of time left for a few more ups and downs. That's baseball for you.

Time to put everything in perspective guys. Did the Cardinals proclaim that the season was over after getting swept by the Crew (I don't know maybe they did)? Pick up and move on, the Crew has a lighter schedule than most of the inner league foes. Just make em back up.

If we do lose tonight (looks like it) and even lose tomorrow. I still like our chances of getting at least 2 of 3 from ATL. I don't know why but I think we will be okay, just think the team wet their pants in this series by pressing and getting to pumped up. The pitching besides Sheets last night has not been to bad, it has been the D and lack of hitting that has been awful.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The Brewers really need to stop rolling their eyes when they get called out looking. It's not doing them any favors, and they look stupid while they're doing it.

Although it does look like Bill Hall is getting extremely close to pulling a Delmon on one of these umps.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

If anyone wants to say that the Brewers have a lot of deficiencies, you will get no disagreement from me. Great starting rotation. Decent but not great offense (with obvious flaws), and a below average bullpen.

It's not like they are some 100 win team. They are right around a 90 win team, right on the cusp of a playoff birth. There's plenty of time left for a few more ups and downs. That's baseball for you.

Great call. No one thought Milwaukee would go 7-0 on the road and no one expected a 1-5 start to this homestand. Baseball is funny this way. This team just has to relax and get back to playing better baseball. Plus, a win against Harden tomorrow would be at least a little lift.

Wow. Look at all the people hitting the exits.

Just trying to provide an optimistic outlook besides saying "hey, there is plenty of baseball left".

They are tied for the wild card, for the love of Juan Nieves! You don't ahve to look far to find somethibg to be optimistic about!

Will they make the playoffs? I don't know. Let's find out.

As long as you're not counting on the Brewers winning 21 of 22 games to accomplish those goals, I agree.

No, I wouldn't count on that, but they can play good enough baseball to secure the wild card and maybe the division if they get hot enough.

Archived