Brewer Fanatic

7/30/08 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This might be one of the toughest series for the fans in recent memory. All the expectations....and the Crew lays an egg

We are Brewer fans, should we have expected anything else??

I guess not. This season may have turned on the seven run inning by the Astros on Sunday

The Cubs are NOT this good.

I completely, whole-heartedly, 100% disagree.

I think it's pretty clear that the Cubs are probably the best team in the National League. You don't get a 100+ run differential by being lucky. If you want to give up on this team on July 30, be my guest. Even after this series is done, there's still 6 games left against the Cubs and a cupcake schedule. The Brewers will still be in it in September -- I think even Cubs fans would agree with that.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

It will be mildly amusing to see tomorrow's trade deadline pass without Melvin making another move. Basically he's saying, okay we're a good team...obviously not as good as the Cubs, and we're happy to just proceed forth to see if we might give this wild card thing a shot.

Might as well start the over/under guesses on harden Strikeouts tomorrow?? What probably set at 13??

He'll pitch deep into the game because the Brewers won't take any balls, so I'll guess 13-15.

One word to describe things so far: Pathetic.

Horrible hitting. Mental mistakes all over the place. Attrocious fielding. It's like they're not even trying.

I can't think of ONE bright spot the last 4 games. Talk about a classic case of having the spotlight right on you only to piss down your leg.

Community Moderator

If you think the Brewers are more talented than the Cubs, then what is holding us back? Timely hitting? Yost? Defense?

I think the Brewers are the 2nd best team in the NL, but the Cubs have lead the division the whole year, they have a huge run differential, and players like Dempster, Theriot, and Soto are great major league players. I don't think they are overachieving.

This might be one of the toughest series for the fans in recent memory. All the expectations....and the Crew lays an egg

It's laying an egg and hearing the opposing team's fans cheer like crazy in our 'home' ballpark - that's making it all the worse to me.

The Cubs are NOT this good.

I completely, whole-heartedly, 100% disagree.

I think it's pretty clear that the Cubs are probably the best team in the National League. You don't get a 100+ run differential by being lucky. If you want to give up on this team on July 30, be my guest. Even after this series is done, there's still 6 games left against the Cubs and a cupcake schedule. The Brewers will still be in it in September -- I think even Cubs fans would agree with that.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on just how good the Cubs are. Never mind the fact they have guys having career years(see, Theriot, Ryan for one). Keep clinging to false hope. Your a better fan then I am. I have seen it to many times with this team though to know that they will NOT recover from this. Cupcake schedule?? Heck, this team is going to lose 6-7 at home ,and you want to talk about a cupcake schedule?? For this team, there is no such thing.

They MIGHT, MIGHT be in the WC hunt in September but that's about it. I guess it's something, but it's extremely disappoitning when your as talented as this team is that you have to settle for MAYBE being in the WC hunt in September. A WC hunt in which they just effectively blew a three game lead in a matter of 6 days.

If you think the Brewers are more talented than the Cubs, then what is holding us back? Timely hitting? Yost? Defense?

I think the Brewers are the 2nd best team in the NL, but the Cubs have lead the division the whole year, they have a huge run differential, and players like Dempster, Theriot, and Soto are great major league players. I don't think they are overachieving.

1. Do I think the Brewers are more talented? Yes. Do I think Yost is holding them back? Well, name one other major-league manager who would have called for a hit-and-run TWICE with the catcher on first and the pitcher batting. That's just one example. Check the Yost thread for others.

2. Oh, and the defense is generally terrible. Whoever is responsible for that is probably worse at his job than Yost is.

3. I think the Brewers are the most talented team in the NL outside of probably the Mets. That won't get them anywhere unless the manager and about half the team remove their heads from their posteriors.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived