Brewer Fanatic

7/30/08 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45

Had to get this one up right away. Go Brewers.

Parra (9-3; 3.72 ERA)

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/images/news/awards/y2007/big_performance.jpg

vs.

Dempster (11-4; 2.99 ERA)

http://www.theheckler.com/news/articlefiles/18-Dempster002.jpg

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://usera.imagecave.com/webloafer/please.jpg

enough of this losing already! man up, forget about the last week and go out and beat the crap out of Dempster! Living in Chicago, coming into work the last 2 days has not been pleasant. I'd like to go into the weekend with my visions of a division championship (not to mention my dignity) somewhat in tact!

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Ok this chart is really bad, but this is Dempsters last 3 starts.....

IP

H

Runs

ER

BB

K

7/23/2008 vs. Marlins (ND)

7/20/08 @ Astros (W)

7/13/08 vs. Giants (L)

As you can see, Dempster can walk the ball park. Unfortunately the Brewers really don't do that well.

The Brewers in the last 3 games have drawn a total of 9 walks.

Ryan Dempster in his career against the Brewers is 6-2 with a 2.53 ERA (Best against any team in the NL Central). 10 starts and 10 saves.

Manny Parra in his career against the Cubs is 0-0 with a 9.00 ERA in 1 start against the Cubs.

In his career Manny Parra has a 3.23 ERA at Miller Park.

In his career Ryan Dempster has a 2.02 ERA at Miller Park.

Brewer hitters In July... (BA/OBP/OPS)

Rickie Weeks....253/.345/.785; 2 homers 10 rbis 18 runs

JJ Hardy............366/.407/1.100; 9 homers 21 rbis

Ryan Braun........376/.423/1.208; 9 homers 23 rbis

Prince Fielder.....287/.406/.900; 4 homers 19 rbis

Corey Hart.........277/.313/.770; 2 homers 10 rbis

Bill Hall..............294/.360/.919; 4 homers 14 rbis

Mike Cameron...260/.374/.868; 3 homers 13 rbis

Jason Kendall.....171/.277/.509; 0 homers 4 rbis

Russell Branyan...189/.250/.601; 1 homer 2 rbis

Ray Durham........291/.375/.830; 1 homer 7 rbis

Gabe Kapler.......237/.237/.632; 0 homers 4 rbis

Mike Rivera had 11 offical at bats.

Craig Counsell had 19 offical at bats. (.211)
-------------------------------------------------------
Stupid Stupid stats

The Brewers are 4-4 against the Cubs this year head to head.

The Brewers are 16-9 in July.

The Brewers are 4-3 in July in 1 run games.

The Brewers are 1-0 in extra inning games in July.

The Brewers run differential in July is +27.

The Brewers have not loss on July 30th since 2002 (2-0 loss @ Mets)

Sorry if all this is stupid or messy. I just have way to much time on my hand right now.

GO CREW.

The Brewers are 16-9 in July.

I think I predicted 15-12 in the July Predictions thread so even if they get swept I should be happy right? Hah...

The fact that Dempster is still awesome after 139 innings is pretty sick. Nothing like a career ERA and WHIP of 4.64/1.5 compared to this season of 2.99/1.168

I hate losing to the Cubs as much as the next guy, but seriously, as long as we win tonight or tomorrow we are only 3 back with 2 months to go. Is it really that bad?? We took 4 of 6 so far at Wrigley this year and they are supposed to be the best team at home in baseball.

No it's not that bad at all. As long as they don't get swept it won't be an overly bad situation.

I'll be at the next two, so I'd appreciate it if the only time I had to hear from Cub fans about beating the Brewers is before today's game.

No it's not that bad at all. As long as they don't get swept it won't be an overly bad situation.

I'll be at the next two, so I'd appreciate it if the only time I had to hear from Cub fans about beating the Brewers is before today's game.

I hear ya. I was at the game monday and I had to sit in "human traffic" on the loge level concourse after the game and listen to all the cub fans sing that ridiculous "go cubs go" song while waiting to get out. I have my own lyrics for that song, but they are far from family friendly

The series is over. Seasons over. Brewers suck. Melvin sucks. Yost sucks. Won't make the playoffs. Won't win a game the rest of the season. Won't get a hit with RISP the rest of the year. Prince will finish with 20HR. Mike Cameron will finish with 200K (175 looking at pitches right down the middle).

In all reality, I would love to be wrong here. Nothing else seems to be working http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived