Brewer Fanatic

No Brauny, Benny,... or Cubbies

JET15
The appeal of a good nickname is within the ability to also be a nickname for one's unit. Then again, I call my man Dave, DaBush, which is more a reference to....the former Wisconsin punter. But the Braunski, the Sheeter, the Stud, The Muscle, The Gloved One (Cameron), The Hebrew Hammer, both v. 1 and v. 2, the YoGa-nator, or simply the Hardy-Har-Har Pirate's plank or an interesting attempt at phonetically saying our deposed closer's last name. They all are great nicknames for batboys.

Just as no one, outside of Uecker, called Paul Molitor "The Ignitor," no one outside of FSN is calling this Cubs thing the "Freeway Rivalry," or "The I-94 Conflagration" or the "We Don't Have a Toll-Road Tussle," or whatever terrible name it is that they seem so intent on pimping. Have they lost their minds?

Archived