Brewer Fanatic

07/15/06 Brewers (Cappy) @ D'Backs (Webb) 8:40pm CST

JoeH33
I agree with this. DM does a good job with the limited resources available to him (although I would like to see a bit more balance betwen power and OBP type guys. If they don't hit HR's, the Brewers lose. The feast or famine offense is a recipe for failure (unless you have dominant pitching I suppose - which we obviously don't).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now Doug Melvin sucks because they've lost a few games in a row? Yeesh.

And I don't know how you're going to find a better player at 3B than what the Brewers have with Koskie/Hall/Cirillo. Maybe you can chip in some bucks and get A-Rod. Seriously, that's been the best position on the team. There's no way Braun's going to match that, maybe ever in his career. It was a great position last year, and it is again this year. Platoons are a great thing.

Verified Member
Quote:
Maybe Ned is sending Weeks a message for that crap throw to first that led to an unearned run last night? Pure speculation

That's exactly what it was.

Quote:
Yost should be fired for letting Barnwell start.

No way. Even though they are in a pennant race ( a big stretch) he still has many young guys who need to learn. I liked the fact that he was decisive in sitting him right away. As John Wooden once said, there is no better teacher than the bench. He deserved to sit after that garbage throw. It was a completely mental error, not physical.

Archived