Brewer Fanatic

07/15/06 Brewers (Cappy) @ D'Backs (Webb) 8:40pm CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I got in here late on the thread, but this has to be one of the pissiest threads. Angry Brewer fans... have no fear... your tied-for-last bullpen will soon be here!
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Carlos lost the game by himself last night if you really want to look at it in a negative way.

Oh, is Carlos the real first name for DERRICK Turnbow? Because as I saw it, we had a lead in the 9th inning. Then I remember a shaggy-haired, Tennessee-mountain man running in from the bullpen and subsequently gave up a 2 run HR. If that's was Carlos, then shame on him.

The fact that Carlos Lee was going to be here two years was plain as day last season. I don't know how you can say this is "costing them" Lee. If you hate the Brewers so much, why do you watch?

There's nothing wrong with being a negative nelly (end is actually pretty good at it), but when you play "martyr speaking truth to mindless automatons with no perception of reality", it gets old.

There's nothing wrong with being a negative nelly (end is actually pretty good at it), but when you play "martyr speaking truth to mindless automatons with no perception of reality", it gets old

See, that's what I don't understand. Just because what I say is blatantly true and harsh at times, it tends to offend people. But I believe it offends people because it is what they are thinking, but their blurred outlook and hazy Brewers-vision goggles are preventing them from typing the words I do. Please refute things that I say that aren't true. I welcome that primarily because I am confident that what I say is as truthful as it gets, because I watch all the games.

because I watch all the games.

Do ya?

I am confident that what I say is as truthful as it gets

Basically, what you say are anecdotes. Things like "no one fears the Brewers", etc. It's a lot of the same stuff you hear the Joe Morgans of the world throw out. I mean, when you say Weeks hasn't done anything to warrant playing over Barnwell, that's flatly untrue.

So this is a knee-jerk reaction in an in-game thread, which means this though could be completely irrelevant in a week... But is Yost's job in jeopardy if they finish well out of the playoffs this year? This is an honest question.

I don't blame Yost for our crappy hitting and I don't believe Yost put together this bullpen in the offseason. Will changes be made if this continues? Yes, but it probably won't be Yost. Melvin might axe Wynegar if our O troubles continue, he seemed peeved earlier this week. Maddux is safe. He has shown he can get the job done but hasn't gotten an influx of talent, specifically young talent to work with like Wynegar.

Archived