Brewer Fanatic

07/15/06 Brewers (Cappy) @ D'Backs (Webb) 8:40pm CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone catch Daron's Sheets interview?

Ben floored him at one point. Daron mentioned that he'd been excercising and keeping himself in great shape, then asked him if it helped the healing process. Ben simply said, "No."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm delusional

Jenkins goes yard twice tonight.

Here's my logic... if he can swing & miss so easily and so often at mediocre pitches, he will bring that same stroke upper-cutting through a sinker ball. Where Webb makes other batters miss with his wickedness, his pitch will find Jenkins' misguided bat, which otherwise misses everything else... well, it makes sense in my head.

First wheelhouse job of Webb, collects a little mojo and goes yard again later against the bullpen.

Here's why I don't like the linup:

You could have had your Ace go against a journeyman pitcher last night. Instead, you save him to go against their Ace. I have no faith in the Brewers to hit their Ace. To then use 2 backups in the game blows me away.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

If this lineup is so pathetic, what is your excuse last night when carlos left runners stranded all night? Barnwell wasnt in there last night. Some fans are just unreal. Yost is playing the numbers and weeks has been bad in this situation. But you brilliant people already know that.

Yost is playing the numbers and weeks has been bad in this situation. But you brilliant people already know that.

Oh, sorry. Let me clarify. I have no problem at all sitting weeKs. He is doing nothing to warrant playing time over Barnwell. My point is the lineup stinks either way (with him or without him). Jenkins is useless. Prince is up and down (mostly down). Miller, Koskie, Hall, and Gross are no superstars either. Pretty mediocre and very inconsistent. Note to Doug Melvin: get rid of the K-prone guys next year. Your lineup is so up and down/ hit or miss because of all the high-strikeout prone guys. I'm no genius, but....

Come on, this team stinks. Please don't take out your frustrations on me. I'm just calling it as I see it. We're witnessing the unraveling that will cost us Carlos Lee. Then I want to come back here next year when everyone is saying, "we have no one to provide the power, RBI's, right-handed bat in the lineup," and I'll remind all those anti-Carlos staying people how dumb their logic was and how quality, competing teams need to retain players of his caliber if they ever want to play over .500 ball.

Archived