Brewer Fanatic

7/29/08 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 CDT

rluzinski
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the only Slurping you hear around this area is the Brewers eever since they got C.C. Even PTI, the only thing they talked about yesterday was how the Brewers were looking good with C.C and the Cubs NEEDED to win the first game of the series. The MEDIA failed to mention that the Brewers were gonna face a 10 game winner in Lilly, 11 game winner Zombrano, 11 game winner Dempster, and a guy who has a 1.00 ERA since coming to the NL Harden. Brewers gettin most of the media slurp right now.

I don't think anybody predicted a domination either way this week--the media was looking forward to a series between two tightly-matched teams.

And the reason why the Brewers have gotten so much press lately isn't necessarily that they picked up the best pitcher on the market; it's because they'd had the best record in baseball since late May.

I don't see how you call the first game "domination". That game could have gone either way. Tonight you simply faced an ace who pitched like an ace. If Braun plays a couple of those balls differently tonight the game may never have gotten out of hand this evening.

I couldn't find the poop down your leg picture. Or rather, I didn't want to.

Here's what I wrote on the first page of this thread:

"This is also a must win for this message board. Brewer fans won't have any idea what to do with themselves if the Brewers lose tonight. Probably make a post or 5 about how the Crew just doesn't seem to want it enough. Maybe accuse them of being intimidated by the Cubs"

People like you are just so predictable. Because the Brewers can never just be outplayed by another team on a particular night. Too simple! We have to invent all these other, silly little reasons to explain the loss. Sheets wasn't intimidated the first 5 innings butt he sure was in the 6th! Brewer batters would have crushed the Cubs ace, had they not been shaking in their boots!

Isn't it enough to just be mad that the Brewers were outplayed?

We just got beat, a good old fashioned butt whoopin tonight. It happens once in awhile. Zambrano had it and Ben just didn't tonight. I am glad I had softball and didn't really witness it though. Hopefully Parra can be lights out tomorrow and we can wake the bats up.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

9 of his first 10 pitches in the 6th were fastballs. He also threw a couple curves to Soriano as well. Lot's O' fastballs for sure.

Sheets was throwing 96 MPH regularly again. I just don't like it it. He should be in the 93-94 MPH range. I think he's been overthrowing since that Rockies start. I'll have to look closer at it.

I'm surprisingly already over this one--last night's stuck in my craw much worse. The worst I can say about it is now the path is much clearer for a Cubs sweep, which, like many have said, would hardly be the end of the season, but pretty brutal regardless.

I am not here to bust balls, so to speak, but I am here to apologize. I've read both game threads of the series, and I am dishearten and pissed about how some "Cub fans" have acted like idiots at Miller Park. Please believe me when I say, don't let those idiots represent the good Cubs fans who do have class and respect for the Brewers and you guys. Believe me, there are Cubs fans that are classy towards you guys, and I hope you understand. Look I love a good trash-talking as the next guy, but please don't generalize the actions of some drunken fools (and believe the Cubs are not the only fanbase that has those type of idiots. Cards fans when drunk are the worst, I've experience) as what all Cubs fans are supposed to be. All I am asking for is trash the person who is asking for it, but as for the Cubs fanbase as a hole, there are alot of good Cub fans who don't look down at Milwaukee. We may poke fun, but we don't look down at anybody simply because we are smart enough to realize we don't have any reason to look down at anybody. So, I hope you accept my apology on behalf of hte idiots that make your experience during this series unbearable.

Here's to, 2 more gut-wrenching hard fought games between the Top 2 teams in the NL.....

Sorry if this was asked earlier in the thread. Did Yost or Maddux ever come out to talk to Sheets when he gave up his string of hits and runs? I had standing room only and was obstructed (kinda happy about that) during that inning. I thought one of them would have come out to talk with him to at least break up the rhythm that the Cubs were building.

Thanks for your post, RedFlash2. As maddening as the last couple of nights have been for most of us, it's good to be reminded that non-tool Cub fans do exist.

(I might personally prefer no trash talking to begin with, but that's probably my XX chromosomes talking.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived