Brewer Fanatic

7/29/08 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 CDT

rluzinski
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the Brewers are going to have to take at least one of the next two to keep this from being a disasterous series. Even a pessimistic estimate puts the odds of the Brewers winning at least one at around 65%.

Well, the Brewers are going to have to take at least one of the next two to keep this from being a disasterous series. Even a pessimistic estimate puts the odds of the Brewers winning at least one at around 65%.

Well, Thank god for that http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The only reason the Brewers have any temporary media relevance on a national scale is because it ties into a race with teh Cubs. The Brewers are, in and of themselves, irrelevant nationally. They are a young, exciting, neatby foil for the darling Cubs. The 5 million people in the Wisconsin media market are irrelevant to the national media. A Cubs/Rays series would be a media godsend. A Brewers/Rays series would be met with yawning indifference and even open contempt in some quarters. To equate the media attention the Crew recieves with that the Cubs receive is about as laughable as the notion that the 'unbiased' media don't root for certain teams and outcomes.

I really hope one of them breaks their leg or something running around after all these hits. what a joke.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

So at least they've got that going for them, which is nice.

I don't think the sports media claims to be unbiased -- most of them will openly tell you that they root for the best story. This year, the 100th anniversary of the last Cubs World Series win, the Cubs would be a better story than the Milwaukee Brewers.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I wish Brewer fans didn't have small market envy. I guess I don't need the national media salivating nightly over the Brewers. Enough of the media has taken notice that they write up nice articles on the Brewers fairly often. Good enough for me. Of course, I gave up on Baseball tonight about a decade ago, so it's probably easier for me to say that.

And I suggest that if the Cubs are going to keep invading Miller Park, Mark A. should just triple ticket prices for those games. I'd rather the Brewers make the money than pretend Brewer fans.

The "best story" far too often = "the easy story". The Cubs are an easy story, in part because they are a big market team. The Brewers are a hard story because, to get the same number of eyes on the subject matter, you need something that will grab the attention of the people out side of Wisconsin.

I don't really care abou the coverage, other than that it is somewhat related to what is objectively important, not what is subjectively important to the biggest share of the market.

And another big thanks to all the sellouts for turning the home park into a laughingstock.

I wish Brewer fans didn't have small market envy.

Agreed; whenever friends in Chicago would try and run attendance smack on me--ATTENDANCE SMACK--it blew my mind that they didn't realize that of course the market 10x Milwaukee's size 90 miles away is going to probably fill some seats at MP.

If anything, I think the Brewers have had just the right amount of press the last two years, if not a wee too much.

Is it really any surprise that we scored the run when all the pressure was off?

Yeh, it probably had nothing to do with Zambrano exiting the game. Your theory makes a lot more sense. The Brewer batters obviously can't perform under pressure. Take that Cardinal series...

Incredible that Zambrano's head hasn't exploded. Man, what a nut job.
And I guess Zombrano has more meltdowns and explosions than wins in his career.... blindness

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything... clueless.

Just sayin yall act like he meltsdown every game.... get a clue

Archived