Brewer Fanatic

7/29/08 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 CDT

rluzinski
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Screw the run differential crap.

You're right. I'm convinced. 'Runs Scored' and 'Runs Against' have nothing to do with winning baseball games...

You're right. I would rather win one game 10-0 and lose the next nine games 1-0. Hey, at least you still have a positive run differential.

All I really want is the Brewers to hit a homer, because that is what is important.

In all seriousness, I would like to see them put a lousy run or two on the board. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Usually a loss is a loss is a loss to me, but seeing Hefty Z signifying on the Miller Park mound after a CG shutout while a bunch of big-mouthed idiots from crummy Chicago suburbs beat their chests would be difficult to watch.

You're right. I would rather win one game 10-0 and lose the next nine games 1-0. Hey, at least you still have a positive run differential.

Do you have some kind of evidence that is what the Cubs are doing? Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, run differential is a pretty good indicator of talent.

Do you have some kind of evidence that is what the Cubs are doing? Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, run differential is a pretty good indicator of talent.

Agree to disagree I guess. To me it's a lazy way of evaluating a team's talent.

HAHA! Zambrano is still out there, thanks Lou. What a idiot

I think Lou is treating this like a playoff game. He wants to assure the team gets out of town with the split at the very least. So he lets the good arm keep on throwing. I imagine he'll get pulled for the 9th.

And non-longtime Brewer watchers have to realize that the Brewers were probably better than the CUbs last season and blew it the same way they are blowing a lot of things this season. Poor decisonmaking, poor plate discipline, poor defense and timely pitching breakdowns.

This is a good Cubs team, but if this team was the Pittsburgh Pirates they wouldn't be getting as much love. Do not underestimate the media hype factor in all this. I haven't seen so much slurping since Jenna Jameson's early work.

I think the Brewers were better than the Cubs last year until Lou figured out that Theriot should have been starting everyday, Marmol got called up, Wood got healthy enough to help a little in the pen and we fixed our catching situation. Once Lou got to know what his players could do last year the Cubs were better.

And the only Slurping you hear around this area is the Brewers eever since they got C.C. Even PTI, the only thing they talked about yesterday was how the Brewers were looking good with C.C and the Cubs NEEDED to win the first game of the series. The MEDIA failed to mention that the Brewers were gonna face a 10 game winner in Lilly, 11 game winner Zombrano, 11 game winner Dempster, and a guy who has a 1.00 ERA since coming to the NL Harden. Brewers gettin most of the media slurp right now.

And the only Slurping you hear around this area is the Brewers eever since they got C.C. Even PTI, the only thing they talked about yesterday was how the Brewers were looking good with C.C and the Cubs NEEDED to win the first game of the series. The MEDIA failed to mention that the Brewers were gonna face a 10 game winner in Lilly, 11 game winner Zombrano, 11 game winner Dempster, and a guy who has a 1.00 ERA since coming to the NL Harden. Brewers gettin most of the media slurp right now.

I don't think anybody predicted a domination either way this week--the media was looking forward to a series between two tightly-matched teams.

And the reason why the Brewers have gotten so much press lately isn't necessarily that they picked up the best pitcher on the market; it's because they'd had the best record in baseball since late May.

Archived