Brewer Fanatic

7/29/08 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 CDT

rluzinski
What really PO's me is it's not like the Cubs are better then the Brewers either. They aren't.

I vehemently disagree with that. The Cubs are currently +118 in run differential. The Brewers are only +22. That's a pretty substantial gap.

Valid point that I dont think a lot of people are not realizing and they are facing the guy who has a good chance at winning a cy young this season. Cubs have played good baseball all season long. They play good defense, they have good plate approaches, they have had consistent starting pitching all year (prolly the best in the NL) and are actually running the bases well this season. And their record proves it. Brewers are still a good team with a nasty 2 punch combo on the mound and in the lineup. Long season left but Brewers fans should just realize the Cubs were good last year and even better this year.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why blame Yost? Sheets has been walking on easy street this year. He needs to learn how to pitch out of jams against good teams. How else is he going to survive in the playoffs?

He won't have to worry about that until he's pitching for the Angels/Yankees/Red Sox/Mets/Dodgers next year.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

It is the presence of happy Cubs fans that makes this most unbearable. I don't see any end to them invading Miller Park, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Then buy a ticket. One less Cub fan, voila.

I live in NY.

You may run like Mays...

Why is it that we seem to be so awful when we get the national spotlight? The past 2 games have been my worst nightmare in terms of perception. I hate that every time people start to pay attention to us, we throw it in the garbage. We're never going to get any respect if we can't step it up in these situations.

And non-longtime Brewer watchers have to realize that the Brewers were probably better than the CUbs last season and blew it the same way they are blowing a lot of things this season. Poor decisonmaking, poor plate discipline, poor defense and timely pitching breakdowns.

This is a good Cubs team, but if this team was the Pittsburgh Pirates they wouldn't be getting as much love. Do not underestimate the media hype factor in all this. I haven't seen so much slurping since Jenna Jameson's early work.

Why blame Yost? Sheets has been walking on easy street this year. He needs to learn how to pitch out of jams against good teams. How else is he going to survive in the playoffs?
He won't have to worry about that until he's pitching for the Angels/Yankees/Red Sox/Mets/Dodgers next year.

Astros, you mean

Community Moderator

Let's keep venting to the vent thread.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else here, but I guess I didn't think we were better than the Cubs. I did think we would win Monday night, though.

Playoff teams don't get blown out by the (expletive) last-place team in their division and lose two of three to a team that was swept by the Pirates in their most recent series.

The Yankees are about to lose their second game in a row at home to Orioles, who have lost somewhere around 10 out of their last 12 games. Does that mean the Yankees aren't ready for the big stage?

Another nice inning for Villa.

Zambrano's just been wicked today, though. He's been hitting his spot almost every time...not much they could do about that.

Edit: As far as playoff teams not getting blown out by last place teams, the Angels have been blown out more than a few times this year, which is why their run differential is so bad for a division leader. It happens.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

And I'm extremely frustrated, too, so I apologize. Should just take my frustrations to the vent thread, but that would require extra clicking on my part. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If there's a bright side, we still have eight games left against the Cubs. I'm not sure that's a bright side, but hey.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

If this tam can clear their head, lets win Wednesday and Thursday and just pretend these 4 games didn't happen.

Bruce Ciske, I agree...it is so much easier just to stay in one thread http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived