Brewer Fanatic

7/29/08 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 CDT

rluzinski
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they were big-eyed when they went to NYC after the fast start last season, and things were never the same after the win on that Saturday.

They were big-eyed going to Atlanta late last season, playing on national TV and it all fell apaprt.

They were mauled in Boston and seemed overawed by the situation.

Now we have this.

A pattern is not only emerging, it is established.

I'm really confused why people think Cameron is playing such a great centerfield.

Conventional wisdom does odd things to people's minds. We're all human. It happens.

Reality is that no one on this team is playing great at their position, outside of perhaps Hardy.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Well, that's pretty much the game and the series. Probably any hope of the division title as well. I want to see them make the playoffs as much as anyone but when you go 7-0 on a road trip right after the All Star break and then come home and proceed to drop 4 of 5 to start the home stand, your simply a pretender. It amazes me that this Brewer team continually chokes when the lights are the brightest. I had high hopes of watching meaningful Brewer games on Sundays in September instead of the Packers, but they have put an end to the excitement at the end of July. Thanks Brewers, every time you get my hopes up and I start to believe, you send it all crashing down before August.

What really PO's me is it's not like the Cubs are better then the Brewers either. They aren't.

when was the last time we talked about Jim ska. I think i voted for his exit last year sometime. This game hurts so much

Doug Melvin has to be considered partially responsible for compiling a roster full of undiciplined, terrible situational hitters, who strike out constantly.

It's a little late for the hook there, Ned. Not blaming you for Ben blowing up, just sayin'.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

What really PO's me is it's not like the Cubs are better then the Brewers either. They aren't.

I vehemently disagree with that. The Cubs are currently +118 in run differential. The Brewers are only +22. That's a pretty substantial gap.

when was the last time we talked about Jim ska. I think i voted for his exit last year sometime. This game hurts so much

Doug Melvin has to be considered partially responsible for compiling a roster full of undiciplined, terrible situational hitters, who strike out constantly.

--i am just sick of hearing the mantra "stay level headed, keep doing what you're doing". For some of these guys like weeks, cameron, hall its time to push the panic button. Really the only two guys who should keep doing what they are doing are braun and hardy.

really happy texira is out of the nl

Hey Ned, why not throw the season away right here with this game. Let "Benny" throw 180 pitches. Get yourself fired while you're at it.

Ned could run out of the dugout naked and go crawl in the infield dirt and probably not get fired.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Community Moderator
Why blame Yost? Sheets has been walking on easy street this year. He needs to learn how to pitch out of jams against good teams. How else is he going to survive in the playoffs?

--i am just sick of hearing the mantra "stay level headed, keep doing what you're doing". For some of these guys like weeks, cameron, hall its time to push the panic button. Really the only two guys who should keep doing what they are doing are braun and hardy.

really happy texira is out of the nl

Absolutely. They keep saying "we hit home runs, that's what we do". Do they really think they can go far with 4 batters in the 9 man lineup batting .230 or below? Durham almost has to play every day for the simple fact that we can get one of the mendozas out of the lineup.

I vehemently disagree with that. The Cubs are currently +118 in run differential. The Brewers are only +22. That's a pretty substantial gap.

Screw the run differential crap. There are only two or three position players on the Cubs that you might take over current Brewers position players (Ramirez, Soto, and maybe Fontenot). Rotations are a wash, and the Cubs have the edge in the bullpen.

Perhaps we should just write off the season then. We have no chance. Such a stat has never been overcome. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

By the way, the no-good lucky Twins are beating Chicago again tonight. I wish we sucked like they do.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I was sooo looking forward to this series back after we finished off the Cards. I did not see this coming. I really thought we were going to overtake these bastards.

And I swear it wouldn't be half as painful if there weren't so many cheering Cub fans there mocking us. We need a wall at the border to keep them out

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived